Rutgers University Learning Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rutgers University Learning Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Rutgers University

2.0

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

The interview is a single group interview. You are given tasks to do in groups and they rate you based on your interaction with the group. The groups are of about 5-6 people and there are a total of about 6 groups per session.

Interview Questions

• Give constructive criticism to the person next to you in the group and they will give you constructive criticism as well.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rutgers University

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Group Interviews with different group activities. Specific subjects and specific roles may have one to one interviews. Interviews are easy and test communication, listening and people's skills. Easy interview, group interviews not based on the subjects.

Interview Questions

• With your group decide which is an important quality a learning assistant must possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Piscataway, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is done in a group of 6 people. There are some group activities you have to complete. Older Learning assistant will observe you while you completing these task.

Learning Assistant Interview

Interview

-Group interview, very easy. Just one interview in total. The overall process was just that they wanted to see if I had gotten at least a B+ in the class I was applying to be a learning assistant at first for.

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Called in for group interview where several general team questions asked. Given a scenario describe what you would do. Be able to give criticism to peers. Interview process was around 30 mins to 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Rutgers, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Resume with proper grammar, a high GPA and a friendly demeanor will get you in the door
    Then group interviews - don't bee too agressive - be insightful and helpful. Be a team player

Interview Questions

• Group dynamics - What do you do when a student does not want to participate in study group?
      What if you lead a study group and students are texting?   Answer Question

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

The process was not long. First introduce yourself and watch two video to discuss in groups about what should a good teaching assistant do when handling students' problems. Later discuss what it the perfect scenario for a LA. In the last, everyone shared advantages and constructive suggestions of their group members.

Interview Questions

• Describe the perfect scenario for a Learning Assistant when solving students' problems   Answer Question