Rutgers University Network Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rutgers University

1 Interview Review

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Piscataway, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

I was hired from within Rutgers. I first started as an hourly emplyee at the student level. When I was initially hired the manager reached out to me via phone to set up an interview.

The interview process was not long and I was on the job by the next month. This is important to note that this was for an hourly position though. Getting hired for a salaried position is much much slower and moves at a glacial pace. Be prepared for a long and tedious process that could take over 3 months.

Interviews will be with the direct manager you will be reporting to, the associate director and the director. The most technical part of the interview will be with the direct manager. The interviews with the directors will be more personal/attitude interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you know the skillset they are asking for there are no really difficult questions. Make sure you know it is a team environment more than anything so be prepared for teamwork questions. For the technical side, CCNA level knowledge will be as in depth as the interview will get.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make an offer, you accept or they move on. The will only be willing to pay the bottom of the grade, so if you are looking for more don't bother going through the hiring process. You will be very disappointed.