Rutgers University Interview Questions in Newark, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online . Received a call 3 days after. Phone interview with 4 people . Called in for an in person. In person was with 4 people . Got another call to meet with the director .

Boiler Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

question answer filling out papers going though the process of telling about my self what are my goals what do i have to offer the company as to my work and loyalty to my fellow workers

Interview Questions

• how did i found about the job   1 Answer

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

2 people interviewed me (a man and a woman) and they asked me 1) my strengths 2) my weaknesses and how I deal with them 3) why I want to work for Rutgers 4) why should they hire me (what makes me the best candidate 5) computer skills

They told me it would take 3 weeks to go through human resources. Then they gave me their business cards. Today makes it exactly 3 weeks and no word yet but I'm still hopeful I will receive good news this week.

This interview was like your average interview except with two people. I thought it was going to be more of a people approach job but after the interview I realized its more of an IT tech job. But I'm up for the challenge.

Interview Questions

• 1) my strengths 2) my weaknesses and how I deal with them 3) why I want to work for Rutgers 4) why should they hire me (what makes me the best candidate 5) computer skills   1 Answer

Health Care Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel interview of three people - the nurse manager, social worker, and nurse practitioner. The interview lasted approximately one hour. As a current Rutgers employee, I was advised upon arrival that this was just a "formality". The mood was light and the conversation easy. Due to the similarity of in work history and the position for which I was interviewing, the questions were limited. The panel spent most of the time discussing their program and the job role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to step down from a leadership position into a staff nurse position?   1 Answer

Underagraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I just answered an e-mail from the Psychology Department and the professor answered back. I just had to list my courses and the grades I got

Interview Questions

• The e-mail just asked me to list my courses and the grades I got in them.   Answer Question

Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

The program director who interviewed me was great but unfortunately he is leaving by the end of June and no enough staff to run the program. No enough attendings and no structured didactics. The University cut our salaries and CIR is fighting back.

RTS I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Most of the times, preference is given to internal candidates. Once you apply for the open position on the website, the resumes are shortlisted. At least 5 candidates are interviewed and the top selected 1 or 2 are contacted by HR for salary updates and background check. once approved you undergo general health and TB test and are hired once clearance is obtained

Interview Questions

• they ask about the skills and the number of hours you can work.
      Also about salary expectations
      Answer Question

NCS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

It was about an hour, and a very laid back group interview. There was a quiz beforehand for around 20 minutes. 3 supervisors were there and they asked about prior experience with an emphasis on customer service (asked us how our previous experiences would relate to the new job)

Interview Questions

• Questions specific to Mac and Windows systems. Asked which wires correlate which use.   Answer Question

Research Teaching Specialist IV Interview

Application

Interview

I was interviewed by several Principal investigators and they all asked me questions. I was also first interviewed by the research director as well. Each PI took turns asking me questions about prior work experiences, academic experiences and education based questions. I was asked why I would like to work there. What's experiences make me suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the projects I have worked on and what it entailed   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Took 4 weeks to get a call, took another 2 weeks for phone interview - too long. The phone interview was basic and related to my experiences and my resume. I came with specific questions about working within Rutgers. It would have been better to have a conversation with benefits/hr first to address these questions. I ended up sending an email to hiring manager who forwarded onward.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of ordinary - shocking not too much focus about working with students!   Answer Question