Rutgers University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rutgers University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Rutgers University

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview was for a technical subject and hence technical. Coding questions comprised the majority of the interview and some theoretical questions too. I was also asked to demonstrate a project that I had done using the R-studio software.

Interview Questions

• What are the projects that you have done using R-studio?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rutgers University

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

First we have to apply online or find an adviser. Then, in the case your background was matched with the adviser position you will be asked for an interview. After than I needed to wait by the time they informed me about my approval.

Interview Questions

• About the reason I like to continue my education.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was helpful.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I submit a bunch of applications online, and the committee reviewed and then decided quickly to hire me. The result comes pretty surprisingly, because there is no more interview in between, like Duke that did a phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Rutgers, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Questions on past teaching experience. Some personal questions on whether I live on or off campus, if I had a car to make sure that I can get myself to work.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process starts from online application. After a couple of weeks, I got notice to interview with the administrator. During the interview, I was firstly asked about what physics courses that I had taken and at what levels (undergrad or grad). Then, a couple of basic concepts about physics were asked. A small demonstration was conducted following the manual they provided.

Interview Questions

• How will you help a student to understand that static friction for a walking man is in the same direction that the man is moving?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

It is a kind of scholarships. So the hiring process is similar to the recruiting process of graduate school. You submit your CV, personal statement, transcripts (including GRE) etc. The committee members of the department will review your applications. Interview is usually optional. Rutgers does not give interview when recruiting graduate students.

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

No interviews. I was required to pass English speak test or RIVA test before I could give a lecture to students.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

It is from Department appointment and most PhD students and some MS students could have a chance to be teaching assistant. It is from Department appointment and most PhD students and some MS students could have a chance to be teaching assistant.

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

One of the professor interviewed me and ask me some questions to test my calculus ability. Challenging questions. You should have strong background in mathematics. Also, you need to
    show the ability to be a good teacher

Interview Questions

• Explain what is Riemann integral   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Highly based on academic interest. Not very extensive or intimidating. One of one interview with the professor and clear exchange of expectations made it a good experience. I was asked about my background and if I had any similar experience but that was not a strong factor in selection.