Ruth's Chris Steak House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Pastry Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward; it seemed as though they were subliminally desperate for good new employees because of lack luster work ethic from current employees since it was a new restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the ability to make consistent products[desserts] on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview went very good telling me about the hours and about sexual harassment and proper uniform attire and be able to lift certain things concerning the job and that's all that I can remember

Interview Questions

• Will I be able to stand for a long period of time and Do I get along with other people   Answer Question

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Went in, filled out an application, got called in for an interview within a week or so. They are certainly looking for team focused people to hire. Make sure you can work well with others and not be afraid to as for help when its needed. The interview questions were rather simple but certainly not to underestimate. I met with both the general manager and the front of house manager, both of which were very pleasant people.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are most important for a waiter to possess, in your opinion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed and about a week later received an email to call to schedule an interview. It was scheduled for the next day with the GM but he had an emergency so I interviewed with another memeber of the management team. The interviewer was very nice and comforting. Asked very detailed questions. It was easy and she explained the hiring process in great detail. 4 hours after the interview I was informed they no longer had any open server positions. I knew within 5 minutes of the interview I wouldn't get the job, however It was such a positive experience so it didn't bother me because I'm already gainfully employed. None the less the interview was really positive and they let me down easy. I thanked them for their time and that was the beginning and end of my pursuit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

One interview with the General Manager and one with the chef. Both were on separate days about 2 weeks apart. Interviews were fast and professional. Not a difficult interview but you should come prepared to discuss your experience and sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in fine dining before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application for a serving position and was then contacted by phone 2 days later to come in for an interview. Overall, the interview was a good experience. The interviewer was honest and forthcoming about tipouts, requirements, etc. She indicated that I would be contact within a couple of days to set up a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say about you? Are you willing to carry large trays?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Fairfax, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

2-3 interviews with different managers, and they don't hire on the spot. Managers discuss and compare notes from the interview and make a decision together, so you have to wait a few days to find out if you're hired. Very general questions about your experience. Mostly they want to see a level of confidence coupled with 2-3 years of restaurant experience. Some wine questions but lack of wine knowledge is not a deal breaker.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are only a little flexible when it comes to scheduling, a.nd that is the only thing to negotiate. Saturdays are required, and most holidays are required also

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to fill out a "test" of my food, fine dining, and liquor/wine knowledge. After completing the knowledge test, I was met by my interviewer. He proceeded to talk to me about the 6-9 month training period, how I was able to work full time with this company, and that over time great benefits were offered to full time employees.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, "What at a restaurant makes you want to come back and dine with them again?".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application and the manager called me the same day. I went in for an interview 2 days later. I had a second interview on the same day and accepted the offer. There was an interview quiz asking a lot about the cuts of steak, different wine, liquor, and fine dining servicing. Also, they e-mailed me 2 days after the interview setting me up for a drug screening & background check. I took it and they called me the next day to tell me I passed and to offer me a position and to let me know orientation day/time.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two stage process through which two different managers address their questions. There was some testing of wine and beverage, product, and general knowledge of the restaurant industry, specifically my fine dining and steakhouse work experience.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge pertaining work experience, steakhouse restaurant service and products, etc.   Answer Question