Ruth's Chris Steak House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ruth's Chris Steak House Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to fill out a "test" of my food, fine dining, and liquor/wine knowledge. After completing the knowledge test, I was met by my interviewer. He proceeded to talk to me about the 6-9 month training period, how I was able to work full time with this company, and that over time great benefits were offered to full time employees.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, "What at a restaurant makes you want to come back and dine with them again?".   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Portland, OR).

Interview

Called within 24 hours of submitting the application. Interview scheduled for a few days later. Asked about working as a team and managing well under pressure. Also about working holidays.

Interview Questions

• Asked about working as a team and managing well under pressure. Also about working holidays.   Answer Question

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough and included the local manager and GM. I originally was applying for a server position but was offered a job as an assistant server. This will be a good learning experience.

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Mishawaka, IN).

Interview

Talked with a manager for about 15 min after filling out an app. Then was offered the job. I was given a time and date to cone bacj not knowing that it would be my first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I seen an ads on Craigslist about a job fair that was going to happen but I decided to send in my resume instead. One of the managers called me to come in for an interview. I did an interview and that took about half an hour to an hour. The questions were very interesting but straight forward. I really enjoyed it. The manager made me feel very comfortable. Overall, the interview process was professional and fairly easy. He told me that if he was interested in offering me a position, I would hear back within a week or so. I got a call two days later from the manager offering me a job with them. The restaurant is still getting remodeled but will be open next month. I'm so excited to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ask you what your expected pay rate is. They work with you in regards to your experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Short and rushed. Only cared to see what you put on the application more than the resume you take your time on. Unless you have five years of serving experience from a restaurant as good as or better than Ruth Chris' don't waste your time applying.

Hostess Server Or Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

too easy!!! hired on the spot they are desperate for employees because of the current manager who although has a BS lacks people skills to go with his degree. the toughest part was the drug test which I am not even sure they really look at when they return.
    do you have experience?
    when can you start?
    how are you working with others?
    you will be tested on material we give you- is that okay (never did it)
    can you show us how to set a table? and they dont set it as you would for fine dining

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

Interview

There were a series of three interviews with each of the managers onsite. Overall it was basic behavioral questions followed by a discussion on availability as well as expectations for days worked. Holidays are a must.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Lengthy. I had 5 interviews. I met most staff before hand which was nice. It was thorough and overall took a month and then i had to go to training for 5 weeks.

Pastry Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward; it seemed as though they were subliminally desperate for good new employees because of lack luster work ethic from current employees since it was a new restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the ability to make consistent products[desserts] on a daily basis?   1 Answer