Ryan Homes Sales and Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan Homes Sales and Marketing Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Ryan Homes

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Long and redundant. I was interviewed over 4 hours by the district manager and two teams of two. All the questions were essentially the same, as if they wanted to line your answers up. This was after an hour long phone screen and personality tests. The interview questions themselves were easy, but the process was difficult.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan Homes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online, phone screen then move to 4 1 hour back to back interviews. The people here are absolutely great people and fantastic leaders. I unfortunately was not selected to move forward however I do appreciate each and every person I had the privilege of interviewing with. Interviews are personable and behavioral based questions none of which were out of the ordinary. I can honestly admit having not interviewed in 12 years probably did not assist me much as times have really changed. I will say again this is a great company and the sky is the limit with them. Ryan prides itself on putting the right people in the right place and I just was not the right person on that day. I would say overall the process is not long compared to the benefits in the long run. I will retool and come back stronger when permitted to do so. If I had one thing I wish could be different it would be that they would share follow up with you so you could work on the areas of need for other job searches. I do understand though why they choose not to share though.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, reviewing background and goals. Then invited in to interview with several senior managers over a 4-hour time period. Wasn't a panel interview - met with each person individually.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation with an upset customer that you resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Online application was followed by a phone interview with a recruiter from corporate. Once you made it through, a personality test would be administered. After passing the test, you go to a "panel" interview where you are interviewed by four separate managers in the same morning alongside three to five other candidates for the same job.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes.

Interview

It's quite a lengthy process, so be patient. Started with a phone interview that was pretty in depth. Then moved to a panel interview with 4 different individuals in a 1:1 setting. Three weeks later received offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because after training period it is 100% commission.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview process with four managers at the local corporate office. Questions were as expected. Company is undergoing a major expansion in the Cincinnati market and are looking to hire several new sales employees. Overall a good process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

first you submit a resume, then you take a battery of tests which takes approximately 2 hours, then if you pass, they call you anywhere from 1-3 weeks later for a 2-3 hour interview. They then wait another 1-2 weeks until they either make an offer or send the canned thanks but no thanks letter.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to drive business to the models   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled out initial application online, was contacted next day via email to do a phone interview. Scheduled it online with special credentials given in email to access calendar. Set it up for the following morning.

The phone interview lasted a little over 30 minutes and went through a pre-planned agenda of reviewing my resume and then a battery of questions followed with the opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer at the end.

Interviewer was very willing to answer questions and share information about the company.

I was asked to go to level 2 of the hiring process, which was to fill out section 2 of the online application (only accessible after a successful phone interview) and to do a 2 hour online behavioral test. I just finished those items and am awaiting their response.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest challenges with a client and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Beltsville, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

(2) 3 people panel interviews asked multiple questions on both panels. very repetitive. very good cop bad cop set up. overall was not that bad. The background check was the most tedious portion of the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• What was the one quality I found most useful in being a sales rep   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Norfolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received request for phone interview about a week later. I was asked to give a quick summary of resume, then asked several scenario based questions. Not very difficult. Once you are passed that phase you take an online test (some math, some personality questions, some "what is the best answer" questions. Waiting to schedule interview with managers next.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in which you had a difficult client. How did you remedy the situation and provide specific examples.   1 Answer