Ryan, LLC Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was odd. The interviewer started by singing the praises of Ryan and how great the team was. In the middle the interviewer became neutral about the job aspects. In the last third of the interview the interviewer basically refuted what was said initially and became very negative about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

3 separate interviews. The entire process was not overly difficult, although it was somewhat tedious and unnecessary. Many improvements could be made. There are various areas in which this company can make itself into a top company, however, they aren't there yet.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied from a job posting at my university. I was given a phone interview and then traveled to Dallas for 5 back-to-back interviews with two teams. I was given an offer after about two weeks. The entire process lasted a little over one month.

Interview Questions

Ryan, LLC Response

Mar 13, 2017 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review of the Interview process!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a basic interview. My recruiter seemed to like me and gave me multiple chances to be assigned to a team. I interviewed with several managers and there were really no surprised. The managers who are looking for a new member personally interview the applicants. I was able to get the interview after going to my university's career fair. They called me several weeks after.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Initial contact to hire date took nearly 3 months! But the interviews were very comfortable and non-threatening - no trick questions or funny business. My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.

Interview Questions

• My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position, sent links for the personality and skills test, and followed up with me for the results. She scheduled a date for me to come in for the interview (I interviewed with three different people), and had a job offer within the week. Overall, a very straight-forward process.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview and then attend office visit. Interviewed with four people in total.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process is a bit complex and can take several months so please have patience, it's worth the wait.

Personality/Skill Test: Ryan uses a customized test to gauge the likelihood of an applicants success within the Firm. No doubt many companies use similar tests. By "customized" I mean that Ryan has collected thousands of these test from employees over the years. With so many on file, Ryan is able to build a model profile of the ideal Ryan employee. The intent is to maximize return on investment by minimizing turn-over and employing individuals who are likely to produce results.

Interviews: Typically the interview process involves 3 conversations. First, with recruiter assigned to the geographic location for the position you are applying or the practice area. The recruiter will typically be the one who also gives the official offer when the time comes. Second, an interview with the team that you will be working with. Often over lunch. This gives the whole team a chance to get to know you and see how you fit within their group dynamic. Third, an interview with the Principal/Partner that your team reports to.

This may be modified slightly if you are introduced to the Firm as a referral. Please feel free to reach out to Ryan employees. Don't be shy about your interest to work for Ryan. But be patient.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not that difficult or unexpected, there were two that I had to think about for a moment:
      1. What position do you think you deserve to start at? Asked during the initial interview with the recruiter.
      2. There's a mall we can eat at or a Cheesecake Factory, what would you prefer? Asked during the Team interview. My first inclination was to say the mall recognizing that they were paying and I didn't want to incur a large bill, but I chose the Cheesecake Factory thinking about the importance of client service and professionalism.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable. The salary of the first offer was lower than I could accept given student loans and costs of raising a family. I respectfully asked for an additional amount and received it.