Ryan, LLC Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a basic interview. My recruiter seemed to like me and gave me multiple chances to be assigned to a team. I interviewed with several managers and there were really no surprised. The managers who are looking for a new member personally interview the applicants. I was able to get the interview after going to my university's career fair. They called me several weeks after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter contacting me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. She walked through my resume with me and asked me to explain the types of things I did for each organization I was involved in. After that, she asked standard questions such as "why ryan? how did you hear about us? tell me a little bit about yourself." Once that was over, she contacted me a week and a half later to set up an onsite interview. The day of the onsite interview, I took a test similar to the SAT which measured my verbal, math, and behavioral skills. If you do not pass this test, you will not be able to meet with the principal or the manager. Once you pass the test, you will first meet with the manager and then the principal, both are on a one on one basis. They explained the position more thoroughly and asked standard questions like the recruiter asked related to your resume and also things like "what is your biggest weakness? and what do you think was the biggest thing you walked away with from college?" After meeting with them, you then have to name 5 references who will take a survey about you, your skills, and your work habits. Once you enter them into the system, the company will email them the survey to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to know about Ryan?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2010.

Interview

I had heard of the company through their recruting presence at our campus, just about every career fair they had at least one recruiter there. So naturally when it came time to start applying for jobs applied and got an on-campus interview. It was a one on one interview that consisted of a short personality test and a short ampltitude test that were to be completed the day before the interview. The interview itself was extremley short and very mudane. I can't remember the exact questions but they were very elementary, I don't really understand how they can make cuts with those type of questions. Originally, I thought I did not get an offer because it had been about 2 months since anyone at the firm had contacted me, but just last week I got an email saying that would like for me to do a phone interview so that was werid. I feel like they need to shorten this whole process because if it is this bureaucratic for the interview process, there is not telling what life in the actual firm may be like.