Ryan, LLC Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was odd. The interviewer started by singing the praises of Ryan and how great the team was. In the middle the interviewer became neutral about the job aspects. In the last third of the interview the interviewer basically refuted what was said initially and became very negative about the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter contacting me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. She walked through my resume with me and asked me to explain the types of things I did for each organization I was involved in. After that, she asked standard questions such as "why ryan? how did you hear about us? tell me a little bit about yourself." Once that was over, she contacted me a week and a half later to set up an onsite interview. The day of the onsite interview, I took a test similar to the SAT which measured my verbal, math, and behavioral skills. If you do not pass this test, you will not be able to meet with the principal or the manager. Once you pass the test, you will first meet with the manager and then the principal, both are on a one on one basis. They explained the position more thoroughly and asked standard questions like the recruiter asked related to your resume and also things like "what is your biggest weakness? and what do you think was the biggest thing you walked away with from college?" After meeting with them, you then have to name 5 references who will take a survey about you, your skills, and your work habits. Once you enter them into the system, the company will email them the survey to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to know about Ryan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied from a job posting at my university. I was given a phone interview and then traveled to Dallas for 5 back-to-back interviews with two teams. I was given an offer after about two weeks. The entire process lasted a little over one month.

Interview Questions

Ryan, LLC Response

Mar 13, 2017 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review of the Interview process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a basic interview. My recruiter seemed to like me and gave me multiple chances to be assigned to a team. I interviewed with several managers and there were really no surprised. The managers who are looking for a new member personally interview the applicants. I was able to get the interview after going to my university's career fair. They called me several weeks after.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2015.

Interview

Overall very pleasant conversations, general competency based interview questions and on top of that technical questions; they like very entrepreneurial attitude of the candidate; someone who will be able to bring in more clients - or at least that was my impression; you have to be able to indicate the areas of possible opportunities to save company money and acquire new business; the interview process (via phone initially) was very positive - friendly attitude and willing to provide as much information as you ask for

Interview Questions

• What opportunities for saving the company money do you see?   Answer Question

Decided not to change at this stage

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process is a bit complex and can take several months so please have patience, it's worth the wait.

Personality/Skill Test: Ryan uses a customized test to gauge the likelihood of an applicants success within the Firm. No doubt many companies use similar tests. By "customized" I mean that Ryan has collected thousands of these test from employees over the years. With so many on file, Ryan is able to build a model profile of the ideal Ryan employee. The intent is to maximize return on investment by minimizing turn-over and employing individuals who are likely to produce results.

Interviews: Typically the interview process involves 3 conversations. First, with recruiter assigned to the geographic location for the position you are applying or the practice area. The recruiter will typically be the one who also gives the official offer when the time comes. Second, an interview with the team that you will be working with. Often over lunch. This gives the whole team a chance to get to know you and see how you fit within their group dynamic. Third, an interview with the Principal/Partner that your team reports to.

This may be modified slightly if you are introduced to the Firm as a referral. Please feel free to reach out to Ryan employees. Don't be shy about your interest to work for Ryan. But be patient.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not that difficult or unexpected, there were two that I had to think about for a moment:
      1. What position do you think you deserve to start at? Asked during the initial interview with the recruiter.
      2. There's a mall we can eat at or a Cheesecake Factory, what would you prefer? Asked during the Team interview. My first inclination was to say the mall recognizing that they were paying and I didn't want to incur a large bill, but I chose the Cheesecake Factory thinking about the importance of client service and professionalism.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable. The salary of the first offer was lower than I could accept given student loans and costs of raising a family. I respectfully asked for an additional amount and received it.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position, sent links for the personality and skills test, and followed up with me for the results. She scheduled a date for me to come in for the interview (I interviewed with three different people), and had a job offer within the week. Overall, a very straight-forward process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2012.

Interview

On campus interview very easy going. Several structured questions about past experiences followed by 30 min Q&A.

Week later online personality test and IQ test. Filled out a work experience and typical application forms.

2 weeks later called back for friday interview with multiple interviewers. Asked several questions, Q&A sessions, and then lots of fit questions. Mainly seemed like they knew you were qualified and a lot of experience was if you fit in with the company.

The following monday got link to fill out references. Then background check with HireRight. Ryan was great throughout the entire process. HireRight background service is terrible. It moves extremely slow and their customer support was terrible. The background check took the longest. I worked for a law firm doing these searches while in college and it took me 2 hrs to do something that took them 9 business days. Again the background check was AWFUL but was not run by Ryan it was outsourced.

Overall great experience with Ryan so far.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

3 separate interviews. The entire process was not overly difficult, although it was somewhat tedious and unnecessary. Many improvements could be made. There are various areas in which this company can make itself into a top company, however, they aren't there yet.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question