Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Property Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

First call was with the head recruiter. She was very helpful and the process was really smooth. There were two rounds of interviews with the team at the location I would be working at.

Interview Questions

Ryan, LLC Response

Aug 23, 2017 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review of our Interview process! I am glad to hear that the recruiter was helpful and the process smooth. I hope you are enjoying your role at Ryan.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They called me back in for a second in-person interview to meet with someone higher up which i thought was a good sign. Everyone was friendly

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple principals I would be working with. I talked to other Directors and was able to get a true vision of what working at Ryan was all about.

Property Tax Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online, received an interview offer from a team manager, and interviewed in person one week later with a panel of three managers.

They were late to the interview. None of the managers brought my resume and two didn't seem to know anything about me. All three managers appeared as extremely tired - discussing how many hours they are having to work and how much coffee they have drank; one was practically falling asleep right in front of me.

The interview slowly turned into sort of an advisement not to get into property tax consulting. "This is a niche position and it is very difficult to transition these skills into another field." "The public sector appreciates youth, which you still have." One manager held a sheet full of situational questions that were not used nor written on.

When I asked about MyRyan, the flex schedule that the company is promoting, they initially said that it is intended to allow freedom from a regular 8 - 5 and then spoke about how they have worked 14 - 16 hour days for the past year.

When I asked about the training programs and development that was promoted online, they said that all training was performed on the job and I would be thrown in the deep end to "learn how to swim".

In summary, I felt insulted and that it was a complete waste of time.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

A technical phone and on site interview. Both lasted around an hour. I was struck by how tight a grip the CEO has on everything. They stated they wanted to make me an offer, but requested personal tax information in order to do so. After trying to discern the reason without success, I declined further contact. I suspect it's all the silliness demanded by the CEO. I don't really want to be micro-managed, especially not in a 2500 person company.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Phone interview; three in-person interviews. Interview process has changed a lot since my inception.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted 30 minutes and was primarily behavioral questions. I would definitely go through your resume and make sure that you know it well, as they will probably ask you to walk through it with them.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

There is a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with the direct manager, then a second in-person interview with three other managers. Then there is an extensive background and reference check, and multiple levels of approval required for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to meet a client's needs.   Answer Question

Senior Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Phone interview first, followed up with in-person interview. They use a behavioral-based question format for all of their interviews. Tell me about a time when you....

Be Prepared - they ask you for your current paystub and W-2.....

yes, very weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your project didn't go as expected. What did you do?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Interview

Everything went really well. I was a walk-in and was treating very nicely. I think this company is the best. The entire atmosphere is nice and was an informal professional setting that made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Ryan, LLC Response

Jul 14, 2017 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! I'm glad everything went well and hope you are enjoying your role at Ryan.