Ryan, LLC Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.3

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The process moved relatively fast for Ryan. It took 10 days to get the offer. The interview was with two people. The manager and a Senior Consultant. The actual questions were not job specific, but were questions that were more about my work ethic and people skills. I could tell it was more to see if I can learn the process and would fit in with the team

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call from HR. Basically it was a walk through of your resume. After a few days I was invited to local office where you will be working at. I had three interviews with staff and manager. No technical questions as it was an entry level position. Got offer after 1.5 month as the hiring manager was busy so the decision got delayed.

Interview Questions

Ryan, LLC Response

Oct 24, 2016 – Ryan, LLC

Thank you for your review! We appreciate any feedback on our recruiting process at Ryan. Apparently, our opportunity was not a match for you at this time. However, we encourage you to stay connected ... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

This was a very easy application/interview process. I applied online; HR got back to me about a month later. We did a phone screen where I was told the job responsibilities and allowed to ask questions. I went into the office where I was interviewed by multiple people (senior consultant, 3 managers, and a principal) in half hour intervals 1:1. The questions were boilerplate walk me through your resume/education. Since, they don't expect you to have sales tax experience from college it's more of a personality and general Microsoft Office skills criteria. I was interviewed by that many managers because there were 3 positions open and I would have been assigned to whichever wanted me on their team based on priority of which requisition was open the longest.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Austin, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was not bad at all. Interviewed with a manager and a Principal. Typical Questions. Tell me about a mistake and how you learned from it...etc. Make sure to know about the company and their core convictions. They loved hearing about that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Laid back, interviewed with seniors, team leaders and partner from different departments. I wasn't told who the hiring manager would be so that was a bit strange. People were generally friendly and very forthcoming about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a friend, flew to Nashville for an interview. Interviewed with the Team Leader and the Principal. Went to lunch. Didn't feel as if it were a formal interview and felt like I had the job. In retrospect I believe I was never a serious candidate for the position. I've heard nothing but great things about this employer, and will consider other positions or applying for similar ones when I have more experience.

Interview Questions

• There were very little questions, so I can't say any of them were very tough.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Sales and Use Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Campus interview first round. Second interview at headquarters. Several short interviews, mostly behavioral type questions. Very relaxed culture, I work with great people and enjoy working here. Interviews seemed to be conversational. Great place to work. Good incentives to work harder and move up the ladder. You must be able to perform duties and provide results without having to be baby sat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial conversation with a manager in HR. Interviews for interns led by consultants for initial round and then senior management for office visit. Similar to a super day except not nearly as exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• No business case, not really a technical interview either. There is a fairly simple quiz to test basic math and thought process. Mostly fit above all else.   Answer Question