Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.8

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was sent here by a recruiter out of Dallas. I couldn't make the first appointment request and had to wait a week. After being allowed into the floor (if they have a receptionist, I have no idea where), I was lead to an office where I was introduced to two managers. The interview consisted of lots of back and forth questions. I treated the interview as if I was applying directly for a position instead of working as a temp. I am just waiting on a response.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working here as a temp?   Answer Question
    • How well do you feel that you work as part of a team? And as an individual?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process - not too stressful, three managers interviewed me, then heard back within a couple weeks with an offer letter. HR was very transparent and nice, they came to my campus to recruit and were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Multipanel interview with three managers. I made them laugh because I did some background checks on linked in & knew information about the company. It was a great interview for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about the position?
      What qualification can I bring from other positions?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview occurred in one day - one group interview including Principal, Manager, and Director. It lasted for 45 minutes, but was scheduled for one hour and a half. The Principal gave an overview of the company, the reason for the position, and the general expectations of the role of a Client Services Specialist. They advised they would make a decision very rapidly. I received feedback about an offer within several days.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a telephone call to set-up an in-person interview. Then met with several individuals at the Dallas, TX office. Received call with verbal offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• In your prior position, did you have any experience with refund filings?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a friend, flew to Nashville for an interview. Interviewed with the Team Leader and the Principal. Went to lunch. Didn't feel as if it were a formal interview and felt like I had the job. In retrospect I believe I was never a serious candidate for the position. I've heard nothing but great things about this employer, and will consider other positions or applying for similar ones when I have more experience.

Interview Questions

• There were very little questions, so I can't say any of them were very tough.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was odd. The interviewer started by singing the praises of Ryan and how great the team was. In the middle the interviewer became neutral about the job aspects. In the last third of the interview the interviewer basically refuted what was said initially and became very negative about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with Principal, manager, and other BD Director. It was a group interview. They asked about long term goals and desire to stay with the company. They talked about their history and transitions they were making. They provided a space for me to ask questions and understand what training they'd provide and status on the market.

Interview Questions

• Experience with selling service as a solution? Techniques to employ in BD strategy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None