Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a telephone call to set-up an in-person interview. Then met with several individuals at the Dallas, TX office. Received call with verbal offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• In your prior position, did you have any experience with refund filings?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a friend, flew to Nashville for an interview. Interviewed with the Team Leader and the Principal. Went to lunch. Didn't feel as if it were a formal interview and felt like I had the job. In retrospect I believe I was never a serious candidate for the position. I've heard nothing but great things about this employer, and will consider other positions or applying for similar ones when I have more experience.

Interview Questions

• There were very little questions, so I can't say any of them were very tough.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was odd. The interviewer started by singing the praises of Ryan and how great the team was. In the middle the interviewer became neutral about the job aspects. In the last third of the interview the interviewer basically refuted what was said initially and became very negative about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with Principal, manager, and other BD Director. It was a group interview. They asked about long term goals and desire to stay with the company. They talked about their history and transitions they were making. They provided a space for me to ask questions and understand what training they'd provide and status on the market.

Interview Questions

• Experience with selling service as a solution? Techniques to employ in BD strategy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Commercial Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on my University's recruiting website, however, they did recruit at the University career fair as well, so I'm sure you could get an interview either way. I signed up for an interview slot for the on University career portal and the overall process was very laid back and mostly conversational. An alumnus from my University interviewed me and another associate joined as well.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were related to resume or experience with some fit questions too.   1 Answer

Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was casual, it was an on campus interview. Lasted no more than 30 minutes. They told me what the company was about and what I would be doing. They asked a few questions about my resume about majors I am pursuing as well as community service. There was no situation based question, it was all very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What kind of community service have you performed over the last year?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone in HR who asked a handful of behavioral based questions. Then there was an onsite interview with the partner and hiring manager at the local office who also administered a personality test. The last step was another series of interviews that were in person and in Dallas, TX at the primary office. There I met with three individuals and was basically given a tour of the office as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged by someone.   Answer Question
    • Q: Would you rather build a shelf or write poetry (personality test).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine was for an entry level position. Understand what your managers expected revenue is going to be when inquiring about the shared contingency based compensation. If you work in Detroit, don't expect to make what an entry level consultant in Dallas is making. Understand your managers track record ask about what the team grosses on average per year for the last 3-5 years. Understand how the manager shares the split and whether you will be on a project that is projected to be profitable. Understand how they are booking the expected revenue which led to the creation of your positions requisition. Sometimes they will overstate just to get someone in the door to make copies and scan tax returns.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

This was a very easy application/interview process. I applied online; HR got back to me about a month later. We did a phone screen where I was told the job responsibilities and allowed to ask questions. I went into the office where I was interviewed by multiple people (senior consultant, 3 managers, and a principal) in half hour intervals 1:1. The questions were boilerplate walk me through your resume/education. Since, they don't expect you to have sales tax experience from college it's more of a personality and general Microsoft Office skills criteria. I was interviewed by that many managers because there were 3 positions open and I would have been assigned to whichever wanted me on their team based on priority of which requisition was open the longest.