Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2015.

Interview

Overall very pleasant conversations, general competency based interview questions and on top of that technical questions; they like very entrepreneurial attitude of the candidate; someone who will be able to bring in more clients - or at least that was my impression; you have to be able to indicate the areas of possible opportunities to save company money and acquire new business; the interview process (via phone initially) was very positive - friendly attitude and willing to provide as much information as you ask for

Interview Questions

• What opportunities for saving the company money do you see?   Answer Question

Decided not to change at this stage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

This is an update from my last review on 6/13/16, I did receive the job offer, but declined. The recrruiter offered the job, but a slightly lower one. I thought it was interesting that he would slip that in (the change in title) as if I wouldn't notice it. Then they wanted to verify my current pay, references, background, etc. before discussing salary with me...that was odd to me. Nonetheless, I declined and then referred a previous coworker, who went through the same interview process and then declined the offer for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Ryan, LLC Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Ryan, LLC

Thank you for your review! We appreciate any feedback on our recruiting / interview process at Ryan. I am sorry that the opportunity was not a match for you at this time. I am also concerned that ... More

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial phone screen with the HR recruiter was quite pleasant and went well beyond the originally scheduled one hour appointment. An in-person interview followed about a week later. During the interview Q&A all was going well, as any typical interview would go, when an individual chimed in abruptly that another employer might be a better option for seeking employment. This was done in a poor and unprofessional manner considering their position and not to mention the suggested employer that she cited had been out of business for over seven years indicating this individual may be somewhat out of touch with the industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What did you do in your latest role?
      Have you used x,y,z?
      How would you resolve x,y,z?
      Do you have experience in x,y,z?
      How would you handle situation x?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with Principal, manager, and other BD Director. It was a group interview. They asked about long term goals and desire to stay with the company. They talked about their history and transitions they were making. They provided a space for me to ask questions and understand what training they'd provide and status on the market.

Interview Questions

• Experience with selling service as a solution? Techniques to employ in BD strategy?   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Laid back, interviewed with seniors, team leaders and partner from different departments. I wasn't told who the hiring manager would be so that was a bit strange. People were generally friendly and very forthcoming about the position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was odd. The interviewer started by singing the praises of Ryan and how great the team was. In the middle the interviewer became neutral about the job aspects. In the last third of the interview the interviewer basically refuted what was said initially and became very negative about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, then 2 more in-person interviews. The interviews were just the right amount of information, and questions. Nothing too bad.

There was plenty of time to ask questions and talk about stuff other than the job.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Multipanel interview with three managers. I made them laugh because I did some background checks on linked in & knew information about the company. It was a great interview for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about the position?
      What qualification can I bring from other positions?
      Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Its very bad response from Ryan that though we gave the best interview, they said that they don't want any of us from our college. If they have no requirement why did they waste our time in written test and interview from December till February.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to personal life, goals and challenges. Thaey asked questions related to tax and basics of accounting.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone in HR who asked a handful of behavioral based questions. Then there was an onsite interview with the partner and hiring manager at the local office who also administered a personality test. The last step was another series of interviews that were in person and in Dallas, TX at the primary office. There I met with three individuals and was basically given a tour of the office as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged by someone.   Answer Question
    • Q: Would you rather build a shelf or write poetry (personality test).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine was for an entry level position. Understand what your managers expected revenue is going to be when inquiring about the shared contingency based compensation. If you work in Detroit, don't expect to make what an entry level consultant in Dallas is making. Understand your managers track record ask about what the team grosses on average per year for the last 3-5 years. Understand how the manager shares the split and whether you will be on a project that is projected to be profitable. Understand how they are booking the expected revenue which led to the creation of your positions requisition. Sometimes they will overstate just to get someone in the door to make copies and scan tax returns.