Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was odd. The interviewer started by singing the praises of Ryan and how great the team was. In the middle the interviewer became neutral about the job aspects. In the last third of the interview the interviewer basically refuted what was said initially and became very negative about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with Principal, manager, and other BD Director. It was a group interview. They asked about long term goals and desire to stay with the company. They talked about their history and transitions they were making. They provided a space for me to ask questions and understand what training they'd provide and status on the market.

Interview Questions

• Experience with selling service as a solution? Techniques to employ in BD strategy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Commercial Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on my University's recruiting website, however, they did recruit at the University career fair as well, so I'm sure you could get an interview either way. I signed up for an interview slot for the on University career portal and the overall process was very laid back and mostly conversational. An alumnus from my University interviewed me and another associate joined as well.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were related to resume or experience with some fit questions too.   1 Answer

Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was casual, it was an on campus interview. Lasted no more than 30 minutes. They told me what the company was about and what I would be doing. They asked a few questions about my resume about majors I am pursuing as well as community service. There was no situation based question, it was all very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What kind of community service have you performed over the last year?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone in HR who asked a handful of behavioral based questions. Then there was an onsite interview with the partner and hiring manager at the local office who also administered a personality test. The last step was another series of interviews that were in person and in Dallas, TX at the primary office. There I met with three individuals and was basically given a tour of the office as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged by someone.   Answer Question
    • Q: Would you rather build a shelf or write poetry (personality test).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine was for an entry level position. Understand what your managers expected revenue is going to be when inquiring about the shared contingency based compensation. If you work in Detroit, don't expect to make what an entry level consultant in Dallas is making. Understand your managers track record ask about what the team grosses on average per year for the last 3-5 years. Understand how the manager shares the split and whether you will be on a project that is projected to be profitable. Understand how they are booking the expected revenue which led to the creation of your positions requisition. Sometimes they will overstate just to get someone in the door to make copies and scan tax returns.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

This was a very easy application/interview process. I applied online; HR got back to me about a month later. We did a phone screen where I was told the job responsibilities and allowed to ask questions. I went into the office where I was interviewed by multiple people (senior consultant, 3 managers, and a principal) in half hour intervals 1:1. The questions were boilerplate walk me through your resume/education. Since, they don't expect you to have sales tax experience from college it's more of a personality and general Microsoft Office skills criteria. I was interviewed by that many managers because there were 3 positions open and I would have been assigned to whichever wanted me on their team based on priority of which requisition was open the longest.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

Interview

I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Scan Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

the interview process entailed many questions from various leads to ensure that I would be able to multi task and assist for as this office tends to get extremely busy. There are also times when there are such lulls that I needed to take on tasks from different individuals that could be very mundane and tedious.

Interview Questions

• Do I harbor ill feelings toward old co workers if something does not go my way or if i feel they have done me wrong?   1 Answer

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.