Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Its very bad response from Ryan that though we gave the best interview, they said that they don't want any of us from our college. If they have no requirement why did they waste our time in written test and interview from December till February.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to personal life, goals and challenges. Thaey asked questions related to tax and basics of accounting.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone in HR who asked a handful of behavioral based questions. Then there was an onsite interview with the partner and hiring manager at the local office who also administered a personality test. The last step was another series of interviews that were in person and in Dallas, TX at the primary office. There I met with three individuals and was basically given a tour of the office as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged by someone.   Answer Question
    • Q: Would you rather build a shelf or write poetry (personality test).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine was for an entry level position. Understand what your managers expected revenue is going to be when inquiring about the shared contingency based compensation. If you work in Detroit, don't expect to make what an entry level consultant in Dallas is making. Understand your managers track record ask about what the team grosses on average per year for the last 3-5 years. Understand how the manager shares the split and whether you will be on a project that is projected to be profitable. Understand how they are booking the expected revenue which led to the creation of your positions requisition. Sometimes they will overstate just to get someone in the door to make copies and scan tax returns.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called in for a personal interview. I talked with the team leader and the head manager for the division. I was later called by a regional manager and did a phone interview. Very forward thinking and fast paced company. They like to hire young people out of college. You come in and work on your own hours and can even do your work at home if you choose. There is a little bit of traveling involved (probably one trip a month or so).

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Describe a time where you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Thought it was odd that they want you to supply past check stubs and W2's to verify your income prior to making you an offer. Also, it takes forever to go through the interview/hiring process. It took approximately 3 weeks.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Submit resume to recruiting then you get called in for two interviews.sometimes there is s panel you meet with of the people in that department depending on the type of job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something you made a mistake at and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a telephone call to set-up an in-person interview. Then met with several individuals at the Dallas, TX office. Received call with verbal offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• In your prior position, did you have any experience with refund filings?   Answer Question

Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was casual, it was an on campus interview. Lasted no more than 30 minutes. They told me what the company was about and what I would be doing. They asked a few questions about my resume about majors I am pursuing as well as community service. There was no situation based question, it was all very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What kind of community service have you performed over the last year?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met the Ryan recruiters at a career expo and they were very friendly and helpful. After submitting my resume they scheduled a phone interview which took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team member and what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview occurred in one day - one group interview including Principal, Manager, and Director. It lasted for 45 minutes, but was scheduled for one hour and a half. The Principal gave an overview of the company, the reason for the position, and the general expectations of the role of a Client Services Specialist. They advised they would make a decision very rapidly. I received feedback about an offer within several days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None