Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Its very bad response from Ryan that though we gave the best interview, they said that they don't want any of us from our college. If they have no requirement why did they waste our time in written test and interview from December till February.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to personal life, goals and challenges. Thaey asked questions related to tax and basics of accounting.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone in HR who asked a handful of behavioral based questions. Then there was an onsite interview with the partner and hiring manager at the local office who also administered a personality test. The last step was another series of interviews that were in person and in Dallas, TX at the primary office. There I met with three individuals and was basically given a tour of the office as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged by someone.   Answer Question
    • Q: Would you rather build a shelf or write poetry (personality test).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine was for an entry level position. Understand what your managers expected revenue is going to be when inquiring about the shared contingency based compensation. If you work in Detroit, don't expect to make what an entry level consultant in Dallas is making. Understand your managers track record ask about what the team grosses on average per year for the last 3-5 years. Understand how the manager shares the split and whether you will be on a project that is projected to be profitable. Understand how they are booking the expected revenue which led to the creation of your positions requisition. Sometimes they will overstate just to get someone in the door to make copies and scan tax returns.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Great interview process - quick but thorough. Recruiter stayed in touch with me the entire process. Met with all the appropriate people. Application online was very easy - connected to my LinkedIn account! This company is ahead of the curve on others with process/tools.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experiences with behavioral questions. Interviewers were well prepared and very professional.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

3 separate interviews. The entire process was not overly difficult, although it was somewhat tedious and unnecessary. Many improvements could be made. There are various areas in which this company can make itself into a top company, however, they aren't there yet.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called in for a personal interview. I talked with the team leader and the head manager for the division. I was later called by a regional manager and did a phone interview. Very forward thinking and fast paced company. They like to hire young people out of college. You come in and work on your own hours and can even do your work at home if you choose. There is a little bit of traveling involved (probably one trip a month or so).

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Describe a time where you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Thought it was odd that they want you to supply past check stubs and W2's to verify your income prior to making you an offer. Also, it takes forever to go through the interview/hiring process. It took approximately 3 weeks.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Submit resume to recruiting then you get called in for two interviews.sometimes there is s panel you meet with of the people in that department depending on the type of job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something you made a mistake at and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview experience was very discouraging. The process took much longer than it should have. The talent acquisition contact I was working with was not pro-active. I would have to continuously leave messages without a callback. Due to nepotism, there was also difficulty with the hiring process. Once I finally started, it was hard to be excited to begin work.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult or problem situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a telephone call to set-up an in-person interview. Then met with several individuals at the Dallas, TX office. Received call with verbal offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• In your prior position, did you have any experience with refund filings?   Answer Question

Scan Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

the interview process entailed many questions from various leads to ensure that I would be able to multi task and assist for as this office tends to get extremely busy. There are also times when there are such lulls that I needed to take on tasks from different individuals that could be very mundane and tedious.

Interview Questions

• Do I harbor ill feelings toward old co workers if something does not go my way or if i feel they have done me wrong?   1 Answer