Ryan, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The HR recruiter was a little difficult to reach and hear the status of everything. I almost took another job because of how long the process takes.

The interview itself was very layed back with my, (now) manager and (former) principal. Both were nice, professional and welcoming of my first "big" interview after graduating. No complaints about the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about functioning within a team and working with others. There wasn't a lot to explain about the job process itself because we are a rather specified team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

3 separate interviews. The entire process was not overly difficult, although it was somewhat tedious and unnecessary. Many improvements could be made. There are various areas in which this company can make itself into a top company, however, they aren't there yet.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called in for a personal interview. I talked with the team leader and the head manager for the division. I was later called by a regional manager and did a phone interview. Very forward thinking and fast paced company. They like to hire young people out of college. You come in and work on your own hours and can even do your work at home if you choose. There is a little bit of traveling involved (probably one trip a month or so).

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Describe a time where you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied from a job posting at my university. I was given a phone interview and then traveled to Dallas for 5 back-to-back interviews with two teams. I was given an offer after about two weeks. The entire process lasted a little over one month.

Interview Questions

Ryan, LLC Response

Mar 13, 2017 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review of the Interview process!

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone call or on campus interview. Call back and set up in office interview. Usually interview with three management level employees, sometimes interview with consultants and senior consultants. Consultants take you out for a nice dinner the night before your interview or for a lunch the day of your interview. You take a couple tests.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?
      When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I took an "aptitude/Attitude" test. I then interviewed with 5 partners. I was brought to the headquarters. The travel and accommodations were top shelf. I did one on one with partners and they did a dinner with employees. It was very detailed questioning because we work in such close teams, it is very important to be a team player and be accommodating.

Interview Questions

• To explain my most important value addition to my current employer. They also questioned my opinion on current SALT issues in the industry. They asked about my management style. They asked about my most challenging personnel decision.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.