Ryder System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryder System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week. The recruiter was timely and efficient which greatly helped the process. Had the interview within the next week with two supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ryder?   Answer Question
    • Plenty of questions related to the operations of the position, and expectations.   Answer Question
    • Character based questions that show how you will fit in the position. (Customer Service, Stress, Amount of work, etc)   Answer Question

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty streamlined process. I was contacted by a recruiter a few days after I applied online to set up a phone interview. I was called for a second Skype interview about a week later. The final decision was said to be made about three days later. The recruiter was extremely friendly and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. There were a lot of behavioral based questions and getting to know my background and skills.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryder System (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It lasted about 20 mins, the original guy who gave the interview was a perv. When i started on my hiring date the original guy was fired. But i put in an app then a recruiter called me and i had 2 interviews with 2 perverts.

Interview Questions

• would you feel uncomfortable working with guys?   1 Answer

LTO Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview

Easy enough. However they only accept applications on one day of the week. Very strange. Also, new hires are interviewed by someone other than the trainer & scheduled to train when he is on vacation.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter, then with the Service Manager, and lastly with the Director of Operations and service manager. After the interviews, it took about two weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a fit for this role?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medley, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ryder System (Medley, FL).

Interview

Relatively simplistic. One phone interview where the staff explained industry role, task responsibilities, etc. Based on her comments, I seemed to one of the few who all the questions completely and accurately. Recommended me for onsite interview during the same call. Great! The manager hiring (assumed) seemed more interested in a role/skill as a project accountant that a PM, which naturally encompasses that skill set, but not to be point of doing working work that the finance department should be doing and partnering to ensure project success. All questions were scenario or behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Took a month after submitting my resume to get an initial 15 minute phone interview. Was told that I would be contacted again the following week to set up a second phone interview by another manager. Was never contacted for a second interview and tried reaching out to the recruiter but they never replied back.

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screened with a recruiter and then placed on a wait list. Interviewed in person three weeks later. Was told I was going to the next round, and then the recruiter vanished; left the company. Did not pursue any further because they were pretty flaky up to that point with scheduling and contact.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic on the phone interview with recruiter. Then phone interview with rental manager. Last interview is in person interview with both branch manager and rental manager. Spoke with director of rental as the final step.

Interview Questions

• How is your roll model? Why?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview

I applied for the position online and a week later i received a phone call to see if i was still interested in the position. The recruiter asked me what i knew about Ryder and then began explaining the training program that Ryder has. After asking me if I felt that the position was ok, he asked if I was still interetested in the position and stressed that it was a very "blue collar" type of job. Next i went in for an interview with the Service Manager of a location and sat down and had a very easy interview; lasted around 10-15 minutes. The next day I received a phone call from who i assume was the district manager and asked me a couple of basic questions and then offered me the job. It was later followed by a phone call from my recruiter who again offered me the job with a salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There may have been negotiation but i was offered a very nice salary for someone straight out of college.