Ryder System Rental Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryder System Rental Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple days later. I had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Nothing too difficult. They're very into the STAR method. At the end of the interview, I was asked to schedule an hour phone interview with the Rental Manager for the area. This interview was also very standard. The manager then asked me to come in in person a couple days later to talk in person. We mainly just had a conversation there, not many HR questions. The rental manager said I'd hear back in a couple days from the recruiter with an answer. Instead of an offer (or rejection), the recruiter then scheduled me a face-time interview with the Director of Rental for the region. Everything went well and everything moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is an ethical dilemma you've faced?   Answer Question
  • Q: What is more important- the result or how you get there? (all 3 interviewers asked me this)   Answer Question

They ended up offering the position to another person and gave me a generous offer in another city. Sadly, I was not available to move.

Other Interview Reviews for Ryder System

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ryder System (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was really quick and simple. I applied on a Sunday through indeed and was contacted by a recruiter two days later. It was a brief phone interview and I was offered an in person interview with the hiring manager the next day, which was a Wednesday and I was given a job offer on that Thursday.

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Johnson City, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview about two days after applying. Asked me to do a face to face interview asap. After that interview, I was sent to meet with my manager and his boss for another interview. Pretty basic interview. Just be prepared for all the basic questions, and also make sure you have questions for them. It was a quick process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic on the phone interview with recruiter. Then phone interview with rental manager. Last interview is in person interview with both branch manager and rental manager. Spoke with director of rental as the final step.

Interview Questions

• How is your roll model? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ryder System (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Laid back interview where the hiring manager asked me questions and did a synopsis of the company while talking about my previous experience. I sat through a very in-depth discussion about the company and all that it has to offer. This unknowingly until the 1:1 interview was the dream job that I had been looking for almost 10 years.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ryder System in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very formal, questions off a sheet of paper very generic in a sense. There was a sense of relationship in the process. They essentially try to see if you as a potential employee have some root characteristic that have defined success for rider in previous experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Braintree, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview the day I applied online for the job. Two days later I met with the rental manager for the region. It was an easy and relaxed interview. No hard questions and it was relatively painless.

About 10 days later I had a second interview with the company. This time it was with the General Manager of the region. Again it was a relaxed interview with not too many difficult questions. Most of the interview had to do with how I handle difficult customers, or what bothers me the most about dealing with customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to accomplish a goal you had set for yourself.   Answer Question

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to interview, interview with manager everything went great, met with two other managers and those went relatively well. Flew to Colorado for training after i received the offer.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Interview

short and sweet. interviewers were very relaxed and asked straight foward questions. made me feel comfortable right from the begining by asking about my background, family, etc.. Didnt feel much pressure at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Florence, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Start out filling a profile on Ryder's website. A recruiter will call you and set up an interview with the hiring manager. Then you will get more phone calls and an offer letter. They are very professional and respectful. The recruiter is wonderful and will work with you in anyway they can to start your career.