Ryder System Rental Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryder System Rental Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview

Started off with phone interview done by recruiter. Next step was in person interview with 2 people. One of them was very nice while the other was too direct with the daily tasks I would have been doing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ryder System

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryder System (Denver, CO).

Interview

First I interviewed with a recruiter located in Los Angeles. The phone screen was basic questions about the role, my experience and the discussion about relocation. Relocation is a big part of the position as there is a 50/50 chance of relocating after the required 12-24 months training process.
    Next, I interviewed with the branch manager at the Denver, CO location. The interview was easy and relaxed. Everything seemed to go well. Unfortunately, after this part of the process, the overall experience became very unprofessional and negative,
    After the on site interview, I was requested to touch base with the recruiter once again, which I did. The recruiter proceeded to tell me he would get back to me on certain dates with updates. Every time the recruiter said he would get back to me, he never did. This happened more than 3 times and it took almost 3 weeks to receive a response. In the end, I was declined the position. But after the back and forth and the 3 weeks of waiting, I had bad taste in my mouth about the company before they sent their final response.
    Also, the job decline came via a generic email response, not even a phone call. Maybe the company itself is a good company to work for but the recruiter was really good at saying he would do things but very bad at actually doing them.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone with a general phone interview. More to get to know you and your background to see if you'll be a good fit. The next step is meeting with the Senior Rental Manger for a formal interview. The territory manager of the area also sat in on this interview. The SRM was very welcoming and had a question guide but it was very laid back and more of a conversation about myself and about the company. Took just under an hour because I am a talker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple days later. I had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Nothing too difficult. They're very into the STAR method. At the end of the interview, I was asked to schedule an hour phone interview with the Rental Manager for the area. This interview was also very standard. The manager then asked me to come in in person a couple days later to talk in person. We mainly just had a conversation there, not many HR questions. The rental manager said I'd hear back in a couple days from the recruiter with an answer. Instead of an offer (or rejection), the recruiter then scheduled me a face-time interview with the Director of Rental for the region. Everything went well and everything moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is an ethical dilemma you've faced?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is more important- the result or how you get there? (all 3 interviewers asked me this)   Answer Question

They ended up offering the position to another person and gave me a generous offer in another city. Sadly, I was not available to move.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview/screening was done by a recruiter. Interviewed with Rental Manager followed by interview with Director of Rental before receiving job offer. Questions were typical of an interview, and Rental Manager seemed ill prepared for interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Rental Management Trainee position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ryder System (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was really quick and simple. I applied on a Sunday through indeed and was contacted by a recruiter two days later. It was a brief phone interview and I was offered an in person interview with the hiring manager the next day, which was a Wednesday and I was given a job offer on that Thursday.

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Johnson City, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview about two days after applying. Asked me to do a face to face interview asap. After that interview, I was sent to meet with my manager and his boss for another interview. Pretty basic interview. Just be prepared for all the basic questions, and also make sure you have questions for them. It was a quick process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryder System (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic on the phone interview with recruiter. Then phone interview with rental manager. Last interview is in person interview with both branch manager and rental manager. Spoke with director of rental as the final step.

Interview Questions

• How is your roll model? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ryder System (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Laid back interview where the hiring manager asked me questions and did a synopsis of the company while talking about my previous experience. I sat through a very in-depth discussion about the company and all that it has to offer. This unknowingly until the 1:1 interview was the dream job that I had been looking for almost 10 years.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ryder System in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very formal, questions off a sheet of paper very generic in a sense. There was a sense of relationship in the process. They essentially try to see if you as a potential employee have some root characteristic that have defined success for rider in previous experiences.