Ryerson University Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, emailed back and forth, interviewed in person with a technical person as well. They did not email or give any notice back if I got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about the company   1 Answer

Co-Op - Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

At first there was a phone screen first asking basic questions regarding availability (as I was referred to the job by someone working there already). Then an in person interview was requested at one of the offices downtown.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was found by a recruiter which is NOT the normal practice at Ryerson. Met with the recruiter, completed several tests, then met with my supervisor one-on-one BEFORE my panel interview with 4-5 people.

Interview Questions

• If helping a student and my supervisor called to alert me to an emergency and she needed to see me ASAP, what would I do?   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in early April and got a call 4 weeks later from an HR woman who needed me to resend my application, as my resume did not load properly during the online application. After re-sending and then waiting 2 weeks, I followed-up with the HR woman who then informed me that they were holding interviews the next week. After the interview, I waited another two weeks before I followed-up again. They told me that they would be calling my references that week. A week after, I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skills match this position?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First a review by the recruiter they hired, complete with several pen and paper tests, Next a private interview with the person who would be my boss, Then a panel interview with approximately 5 people.

Interview Questions

• You have competing pressing issues. A student has an important issue and needs to talk to you, an instructor also needs your attention immediately, and your supervisor has asked to see you immediately. Which issue to you attend to first?   1 Answer

Web Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a call about 3 weeks after I submitted my resume online and was interviewed by two individuals (one in HR) - both very nice. I didn't get the job, which was disappointing but the overall experience was positive. They provided me with a personalized, post-interview update to let me know they decided to go with another candidate. I can say that, after job hunting for a few months, few HR staff display that kind of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to provide 2 online written samples and review how I optimized the content for search.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview for the research position was very laid back. There were not many technical questions at all, but rather questions that gauged your interest in the subject. You should know in good detail what it is you want to research in your field, as the researcher may have many projects going on and would like to see where you would fit best.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online with a CV and cover letter. I was contacted by an HR member a few days after inviting me for an interview. It took a few days for the details to be sent to me (location, hiring committee and job details) but ultimately I received all the information. The interview itself was typical, standard questions about customer service, prioritization of tasks and communication skills. All three members of the hiring committee took notes and took turns asking questions. After the interview which took about 30 mins, I was asked to do a Microsoft word and excel test - which took just under an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I don't think this is done all the time, but a recruiter was hired to find an external candidate back when I was hired. I was interviewed by him and completed several tests for him. I then met the supervisor of the job privately, one-on-one; again, I don't think this is usual procedure, but she really wanted to be certain of a good "fit" between herself and the candidate due to the close working relationship. Then I had a panel interview: I think there were 5 people present asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• It was a long time ago, but one thing I do remember is the Supervisor of the position asking me who I'd help first: a student, an instructor, or herself as my boss. I answered "student" which was incorrect for her; my first priority was to be my boss! Other questions were behavioural-type interview questions.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a panel interview with two people and HR consultant. The two people were management from the team I assist. Computer skill testing including the usual Microsoft Office testing done at temp agencies. There was also a standard typing test. I would recommend knowing all your key answers to these. I would also review any and all available online documentation for the department you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer