S.C. Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

One simple interview with the Director of Category Management and an HR representative. They asked basic questions about what you knew of the position. And what you can bring to the team as well.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

STAR process - one or two people would sit and ask a series of predetermined questions that they didn't veer from ... when the questions didn't apply, it was very awkward. There were 7 hour long interviews and one over lunch that was supposed to be just "natural conversation" but of course there were predetermined questions in there too

Interview Questions

• What is something you did that affected your colleagues that was not viewed positively, and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was surprised by the poorly ran recruiting process I experienced from this company with an excellent reputation. I think anybody that takes the time to spend a day interviewing on site deserves to be contacted with feedback and a notification of a decision, especially for an executive role like this. People were polite (for the most part), but a timeline like this can put most people off, it didn't to me because I had the belief this was a right choice. This is the timeline of my communications:

7/12/16 - Applied to job on line directly at SCJ's site
    9/20/16 - Contacted by third party recruiter asking if I was interested in a confidential job, turns out it was a job I had applied to two months before
    10/27 - Phone screen with hiring manager

radio silence - no feedback from anyone

11/19/16 - External recruiter confirms on-site interviews for 12/20/16
    12/18/16 - Call from SJC to postpone interviews for 1/12/17
    1/10/17 - Call from SCJ recruiter to reschedule for 2/2
    2/2/17 - on-site interviews, thank you notes sent

Radio silence from recruiter and from SJC

3/2 Still no feedback from anybody

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LInkedIn by a recruiter for SCJ. I had 3 phone interviews (Recruiter, HR Manager, Hiring Manager) within 3 weeks during the Holidays which is generally an impossible time for interviews. I was then brought onsite for a final interview. I had an offer in hand two days later. I was so impressed with how responsive everyone at SCJ was, from the recruiter to the Hiring manager. Everyone was very professional!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure, what you learned and how it's changed who you are.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

I was very excited to interview at SC Johnson, having had a great internship experience. This interview process was incredibly disappointing, however, and ended my career interests with SC Johnson. The interviewers were not professional, with all of them but one checking and manipulating their cell phones during the interview.

Business Process and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

One behavioral interview with a focus on skills learned and experience regarding teamwork from things on my resume. There was no technical interview for this position. Filler text filler text filler text.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time when you had far too much to do in a short time period?   Answer Question

Finance Interm Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in October 2016.

Interview

I applied applied online after meeting a recruiter at a career fair and had a first round behavioral interview on campus. They held a networking social to meet all of the interviewers the night before. This was nice to get to meet employees in a less formal setting and learn more about the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with an ineffective group member. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (East Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a career fair at my college and was asked a series of questions from three recruiters. The questions were mostly behavioral and I was asked to stem those answers from work experience. Overall the interview was not too stressful and the recruiters did a good job at making me comfortable throughout the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when working with a group didn't go as planned and what did you do?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

Screening phone interview: the interviewer wants to know what you have done in your previous job. He will ask about what you listed in your resume. He will ask you in detail about your work experience, certificates and awards you got. It would be good if you prepare all of it before the interview

Interview Questions

• Can you give me detail about this project you listed in resume ?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was planned and well-organized. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager after which I was invited onsite for a 1:1 interview which lasted for about half a day.
    Onsite interview process was based on STAR type of questions. Also, included a candidate presentation to a group. Did not hear back even after two weeks after interviewing and got a negative response after mailing to find out from the HR.