S.C. Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

Everyone I interacted with was incredibly friendly and helpful. The interviewers were genuinely interested in finding a good match for the team. I spent a full 8am-4pm day there, including giving a seminar and going on a tour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was hired through a job fair. Interview process was two interviews that were specific to the role. It involved 1 on 1 sessions. Questions were around brand management and marketing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. How I worked in teams.   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair, had an in person interview. They asked mainly behavioral questions, no technical questions really outside of what classes I was taking and what I would have taken by the start of the position. They allowed me to ask about the internship and about how they liked working for the company, overall it was an average interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you had a disagreement working in a team   Answer Question

Director Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, did two phone screens with them. Followed up by a video one way interview (answered about 6 -10 questions) - recruiter shared the video with the hiring manager. Did a phone screen with hiring manager. They flew me in for an onsite interview - a car service picked me up at the airport to take me to the hotel, all meals were provided at the hotel and billed to the room. Car service picked me up to take me to and from the interview - lasted all morning one on one interviews, then lunch, then more interviews and a tour. Everyone was very pleasant. They use the STAR method for questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in September 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers in the room and they took turns asking questions. They had one of the recruiters sit with you in the waiting room and make small talk so you felt more relaxed when you went in to interview. They were really nice and it was not super formal compared to other interviews I have been to. They had me walk through my resume and than just want on to behavioral based questions. After they asked you all of their questions they left plenty of time for you to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Explained a time someone in your group did not do their fair share and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Senior Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

First met with HR representative to discuss benefits and company culture. Then spent an hour with several director level managers that the position would report to. Had lunch with a fellow engineer that works in a similar capacity. The final interview was a campus tour that revolved around the unique architecture of the offices and the company history.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to make an unpopular decision? How did you handle the fallout?   Answer Question

Research Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

They will give you 1 week to get ready, fly you in to ORD or MKE. Then a driver will you up and drop you to your hotel. Those drivers are very nice, you can get lot of local info from them. On the day of interview you have to check in at the security and leave your bags there. It is a all day interview including lunch interview. So always be on your best behavior and be professional. Even during lunch they will ask questions but it is more 'get to know you type" questions. I met with 9 interviewers for individual and group interviews, including 1 hour research presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and what make you better than the other top 3 candidates that we brought in?   1 Answer

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very clear, concise, and straight to the point. I was fortunate to have been recommend by a current employee, therefore I got the sense that my superior was already aware of strengths and weaknesses. Questions focused on my previous experience and what types of work I feel comfortable doing.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how will in make you day-to-day tasks easier?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, the recruiter did most of the facilitating. The process was long since the position was a global position and the stakeholders were on different continents. The people conducting the interviews were easy to talk to and asked relevant questions. The only bad thing I have to say is that the recruiter knew I wasn't particularly interested, so he told me a salary range beyond what was offered.

Interview Questions

• They ask about interests outside of work to get a feel of you as a person. This seemed odd at first, but it makes sense given they are focusing on attracting the right kind of people (friendly/outgoing).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair, so there was little need for negotiating. I did request more vacation time (based on my current vacation allowance), to which they obliged.

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted within a week -- had two interviews; one with HR, the other with two current managers/directors at the company. Behavioral questions, sometimes would ask about my interests and background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...
      Questions about working on a team; dealing with ambiguity; etc.
      Answer Question

See What S.C. Johnson Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “- If you have a global role it is really easy to utilize a flexible schedule to balance work/life. - Depending on your role and location, there are Summer hours (half day on Friday between...”“- If you have a global role it is really easy to utilize a flexible schedule to balance work/life. - Depending on your role and location, there are Summer hours (half day on Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day). - Holidays given include the days between Christmas and New Year, which is great for traveling home to family. - Location. I wasn't thrilled about moving to Racine, WI, but there is more to offer than dreary/cold weather; beautiful fall colors, close to Lake Michigan, close to Milwaukee and Chicago, and sales tax is much lower than where I'm from (which was great when purchasing a car!) - They have support groups for diversity (Women, Hispanic, African American, Disabilities, LBGTQ, etc). - There are perks to being in Racine: company store, rec facility, park, child care center.” – Full Review