S&C Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&C Electric Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.6

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&C Electric.

Interview

It was simple.
    There were two interviewers.
    They asked about a few items on my resume, asked me to tell them about a time I handled something that went wrong. There was only one interview in the process.

(Mechanical Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&C Electric (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied and interviewed through university positing.

Very pleasant interview overall, quick response over 1 business day.
    Conversed about my career goals, what I had to offer, and what I would want out of my experience. A few behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&C Electric.

Interview

It was a phone interview, very relaxed. It took about 45 minutes I believe, but the interview was done in about 35 minutes and the last 10 minutes was me asking my interviewer questions. It was relatively easy, but it was also my first interview so I wasn't as prepared as I could have been.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how you use describe the work you've done on your independent projects you have listed on your resume?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&C Electric (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was streamline and to-the-point. The interview staff were extremely professional and informative in terms of employee roles and expectations. The HR staff were very personable and able to answer every question with confidence.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&C Electric (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

was soft and fast, they focused more on the behavioral questions for an intern more than the technical ones. first was contacting by email then set up a phone interview for almost 20-25 mins and after that within a week they gave me the offer and set up a date for the drug test.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&C Electric.

Interview

The whole interview process took 3 weeks. Initially, the recruiter contacted me via email to set up a technical interview. Technical Interview was for around 40 minutes. After the technical interview, I was invited for an on-site interview. On-site interview was for around 4 hours. There were 3 technical interviews of 1 hour each and 1 hour hr interview. After the on-site interview, I was contacted by the hr and hr told me that they were interested in me. I was even asked to submit some documents. A week later when I received no response, I emailed them. HR said they decided not to select me.
    I think it was very unprofessional of them to first tell me that they were interested and they not select me. Plus I spent more than $200 in travelling which I won't get back.

AVOID applying here and save your time plus money.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&C Electric.

Interview

I applied online and I received email asking if I am eligible to work in US. and then got a phone interview. It was mainly talk about what they want me to do and not anything technical. Later on I received and email that I can go check the location. It was not an interview. I just went there and check the employers and location. Also they asked me to go for drug test.

Interview Questions

• Just asked to explain my background.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&C Electric.

Interview

Skype interview started with some standard behavioral questions, and then dove into questions about OOP principles and data structures, and then finished off with some brain teasers/logic puzzles. The OOP and data structure questions were fairly straightforward. The brain teasers were as usual the most difficult part, and being able to articulate your thought process is key. Overall, it is what you expect in an interview, and if you've had exposure to data structures, algorithms, and are comfortable with OOP, it should go well.

Interview Questions

• Describe the principles of OOP (abstraction, polymorphism, etc.), and be able to give examples. Know how to efficiently manipulate/sort lists.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&C Electric.

Interview

Set up a skype interview within about a week of application. Interviewed with both the software manager and engineer, asking technical questions about programming. Few behavioral questions as well, such as how you operate under a team. Overall it was not entirely out of the ordinary, although interviewers seemed rude at times.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&C Electric (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was on Skype with video call. Asked most of core java, hibernate, multithreading related question. She was keep asking questions even If I say that I have a basic knowledge on it. For example she asked, what is many to many mapping in hibernate? when I explained that I have experience on iBatis which is also a ORM framework however I have very basic knowledge on Hibernate. Then she asked how to do in iBatis way. I answered but she was not happy with my answer. she has no idea how IBatis works but she was assuming it would be similar to hibernate. I explain the difference since both ORM designed differently. During the interview I figure out that it would not be a good fit for me. At the end she didn't even ask , "do you have any question about position or company?" It was rude.