S&P Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.8

Tech DevProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global in December 2017.

Interview

I had a great experience interviewing with the company. I applied online, received a phone call days later and then an email shortly after. After scheduling the interview I received a second email consisting of topics to review that will be expected to be covered during the interview, which I loved. My interview was an hour-long virtual interview split into two half-hour interviews with different interviewers. The first interview was technical and the second was behavioral, of course. Each interviewer I spoke to made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process. They both displayed their sense of humor as well. Overall, the communication with the company was great. They responded to my emails extremely quickly.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

They said they were looking to fill the position quick. They seemed really interested in hiring me and said they would follow up the week after the interview either way but I haven’t heard a thing. My status is in “in process”. I took time out of my busy schedule and accommodated them for all of these interviews and I get radio silence in return. Shame on this company. Don’t rush me to interview and ghost on me.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hightstown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global (Hightstown, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

This is a dual location position where the job is split between Central NJ and NYC. I went in for an interview with the M&A Manager and Corporate Controller for the I/C Senior Financial Analyst.

Interview Questions

• The first person was pleasant enough but I barely could get a word in and the interview took longer than expected. Met the second person who seemed disinterested immediately. It was so awkward as I could tell she just wanted to get back to work. I had to actually ask her if she wanted to know anything additional or go over my resume. I feel like I was judged before I had a chance to speak and did not feel like I had a fair chance from the beginning. Their loss.   Answer Question

Global Credit Ratings Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Super day was 2 30minute interviews. All technical questions. Looked on this website and saw that the questions were behavioral, but they've changed them to all technical. know your accounting ratios and what they're used for, and know the debt ones specifically

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY).

Interview

3 rounds of the interview process. S&P Global came to my career fair where I handed my resume. I was called for an in-person interview that consisted of UI design and research, data analysis and testing related questions.
    The next interview was more of a personality test followed by a technical round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Draw a workflow chart given the requirements
      Write SQL statements
      Create test plans   Answer Question

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Had three people interview me and an online test. Lot of conceptual questions. Overall a fair experience. I was later told that an offer was in the making and then they went completely silent. Strange!!! They could at least tell me why they ended up not making me an offer when they initially indicated that they would.

Interview Questions

• How will you go about designing something like google drive.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Efficient with smart, nice people. Some tech-specific questions as well as understanding whether someone is a good team and cultural fit. Seeking ability and potential to learn over a specific skillset. This was back in the day before they became as corporate, so not sure what it's like now.

Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter months after submitting my resume for the position. In fact, I didn't even remember the position and had to do some research to find the job again. The first interview was over the phone. The second was at the office with two members of the team. My biggest complaint is the lack of feedback. After following up I was told that I would hear something back with regards to the position. I never did. I was told that I would know the status by the end of the week. That has came and gone. For such a big company I would have figured that they would give some kind of feedback regardless if you have received the job or not. Minus that everything else was fine.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Do not recommend dealing with McGraw Hill Financial. Felt they were dishonest, used every chance to harass and discriminate. After interview weeks went by then asked for lots of references then said to hold on for long time, disappeared and after many more weeks heard staffers hired internally, disingenuous. Higher rated and bigger firms post outside only after internally. Ones I interviewed with said they were better, lol, seemed like coming off microsoft or mainframe because didn't understand today's stack or development. They asked about educational books and software, later checking McGraw Hill Education was sold. They became nasty, and started saying any education or background in software was bad, unbelievable. Look into them first, sold their books and educational software division but it kept the McGraw Hill name, and if you don't know that they'll turn real unpleasant.

They're just S&P now. Skill level even of managers really weak, seemed like they brought in from offshore without credentials and they didn't like anyone with real skill. Said what they did was all new and everything else like experience didn't want to hear about, trying to move to 'straight through processing', haven't heard software put that way in decades.

Checking they dropped 20 spots in rank and are about to fall off the fortune 500, in my humble opinion I wouldn't join them, seemed like sinking ship and I was glad to get out of their and after over a month after giving solid references was glad didn't get offer, had given up anyway.

This is very true and genuine review.

Interview Questions

• Can you just program or is design and architecture good? They said did agile.   2 Answers

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received an email about two weeks later to schedule a short phone interview. That interview consisted mostly of screening questions about where I lived and if I would need visa sponsorship. Then I set up an in-person interview the following week. I met with two editorial managers for the interview, which lasted between 20-30 minutes. I heard back from the company regarding the position about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience. Have you ever had issues with editing a certain writer? What do you know about us? What experience do you have with content management systems?   Answer Question