S&P Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at S&P Global

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Program S&P Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

There are 10 Video Questions followed by question regarding your university actual and expected grades. Please prepare for some of the questions that I have mentioned below to assist you in answering the video questions easily. You have to be prepared to avoid blackouts during the video sessions and keep note of the question at hand

Interview Questions

• How do you think your academic / work experience makes you fit for the job   Answer Question
    • What do you know about S&P Global Credit Ratings   Answer Question
    • What are the 3 most important skills you feel are required to make you succeed on the job at S&P   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are suited for this job   Answer Question
    • Do you require work authorization to work at S&P in the country you are applying. What is your current visa status   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are fit for a role within Credit Ratings, Howe does your experience and academic profile help you in achieving that goal   Answer Question

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Had three people interview me and an online test. Lot of conceptual questions. Overall a fair experience. I was later told that an offer was in the making and then they went completely silent. Strange!!! They could at least tell me why they ended up not making me an offer when they initially indicated that they would.

Interview Questions

• How will you go about designing something like google drive.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career services website. I got a call the next day from a recruiter, who asked me some basic questions about school and work. From there he scheduled me immediately for an interview with a manager, and as soon as I was done he set me up for an interview with yet another manager. The interview was pretty easy, he asked me some basic questions on the software life-cycle and told me about what the job would entail. I really didn't get asked any technical questions, which I found very strange.

I kind of lucked out that they were in a rush to fill this position, which is why I had 3 back to back phone interviews. The interviews took place on a Friday and I got the offer that Monday, I never even had to come into the office for an in person interview.

My experience was definitely not the norm, I talked to other inters that summer who said the process took anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for them to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the software development life-cycle. (Not a hard question, but it's the only remotely technical question I got asked)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted his initial offer, because I assumed it was a set amount for inters.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Two phone interviews (1 screening, 1 with the manager) followed by 1 in-person interview. The in-person interview was split into two stages with multiple managers. Managers were very nice and provided feedback, just went with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my background with some technical questions interspersed   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Great structured communication with hiring manager. Went through phone interview and second round in person with hiring manager and a panel of other managers/salesrep for one on one interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global in April 2013.

Interview

HR was a little bit late in the game in my year, so I had a quick pre-screen interview and then 2 phone interviews with 2 hiring managers. Both lasted 20min. Wasn't hard, they asked me generic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly casual, behavioral questions such as "describe a challenging situation you have met."

Interview Questions

• If we want to enter the Latin America Market, how would you conduct the analysis   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Phone interview. one of the HR called me and had a phone interview for first round. Then second interview at the office with senior managers. They were very nice and the questions are not very hard.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was called in for an in-person interview. The interviewer didn't remember anything we had discussed on the phone. After the in-person interview, interviewer told me that interviewer wanted to bring me on but interviewer needed team approval, and that the team assistant would be in touch with me to schedule a meeting with the entire team. I emailed a week after the interview but received no response. After 3 weeks, I still had no heard anything. I emailed again and was finally told that the assistant would be in touch with me later that day. Assistant never contacted me. This was for an unpaid position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for an inside sales position. I had a phone interview a month after applying and an in person a month later. Next round would have been video with London management. They were undergoing a reorg; wanted inside salespeople to manage the relationship and maximize revenue from existing client base. I applied online; heard back from them about a month later to set up a phone interview. That round was just screening and pretty rote stuff. I got a called for a second interview about 2 weeks later. That interview ended up occurring about 2 months after my application- the pace was slow. Second interview was with the MD I would report to. I thought it went well, was surprised to get a form "we've decided not to follow up with you" email from HR about 2 weeks later. The 3rd round would have been a video interview with London (department is run from there).

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Do not recommend dealing with McGraw Hill Financial. Felt they were dishonest, used every chance to harass and discriminate. After interview weeks went by then asked for lots of references then said to hold on for long time, disappeared and after many more weeks heard staffers hired internally, disingenuous. Higher rated and bigger firms post outside only after internally. Ones I interviewed with said they were better, lol, seemed like coming off microsoft or mainframe because didn't understand today's stack or development. They asked about educational books and software, later checking McGraw Hill Education was sold. They became nasty, and started saying any education or background in software was bad, unbelievable. Look into them first, sold their books and educational software division but it kept the McGraw Hill name, and if you don't know that they'll turn real unpleasant.

They're just S&P now. Skill level even of managers really weak, seemed like they brought in from offshore without credentials and they didn't like anyone with real skill. Said what they did was all new and everything else like experience didn't want to hear about, trying to move to 'straight through processing', haven't heard software put that way in decades.

Checking they dropped 20 spots in rank and are about to fall off the fortune 500, in my humble opinion I wouldn't join them, seemed like sinking ship and I was glad to get out of their and after over a month after giving solid references was glad didn't get offer, had given up anyway.

This is very true and genuine review.

Interview Questions

• Can you just program or is design and architecture good? They said did agile.   2 Answers