S&P Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at S&P Global

1,132 Interview Reviews

2.9

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview wasn't too hard and it was just a matter of luck there would be three rounds and maybe the North American headquarters would call me for an interview in pure English but generally nice people don't have to worry too much about it

Market Intelligence Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in October 2020.

Interview

Interview process took one week. Before that, I submitted my application and completed a finance assessment. A week later I had a 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter then a 1 hour interview (1 person for 30 mins and 2 people for the next 30)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult client.
      Explain the three financial statements.
      Explain a finance related topic of your choice.
      Why S&P? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Interview

Its always a panel. They test you mostly on technical skills. They're trying to see if 1. you can do the job 2. if you fit the team They also want to make sure you're deeply interested in finance and understand the core concepts.

Interview Questions

• What interests you the most about the pharmaceutical industry?   Answer Question

Ratings Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, 1 with HR (phone screen) and 2 separate 30 minute interviews with the hiring managers. They were very casual and felt more like conversations than the usual interview questioning. They both asked about 3 easy questions about my experiences and asked me to walk them through my resume.

IMPG Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Had three consecutive Zoom interviews. Two longer and more technical interviews with a greater focus on finance and one HR interview with more generic interview questions. Interviewers were very forthcoming and it wasn't as awkward as many interviews are.

Senior ESG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

The hiring managers were very friendly, the first call is pretty introductory, the second one is more technical. Inform yourself about the specific topics your future role will be covering in order to respond accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations, CV details, technical questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

It was a standard interview process starting with on campus interviews then later on to onsite overnight in New York. Top management team members were involved and decent experience overall

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

The initial interview with S&P was a phone screen with a recruiter. The experience was very pleasant and we just went over the details of the position, a little about the company and it's culture, and my personal experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with data analytics and how comfortable are you working with data?   Answer Question

Associate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Phone screening, Video interview, in person interview. The video interview and in person interview is with several people throughout the company. I wish I could have learned a bit more about the company culture in the interview. Overall, it was fine though.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied this job via workday on 12/24 and received an email from a SP&G recruiter on 1/16 (Thursday) asking my availability for phone screen. I replied her email right way and she did not reply. Sent a follow-up email on the following day which is Friday, still no response so far. The next Monday will be a federal holiday and I don't expect the recruiter would work on that day. So what's next?

Interview Questions

• I would ask the recruiter to give me an example on time management.   Answer Question