S&P Global Market Intelligence Associate Financial Modeling Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Associate Financial Modeling Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

internal referral
received e-mail within a week inviting me in

3 interviews, roughly 30 min each, first one included a 5 min overview of the business
everyone truly nice, young atmosphere oldest person in the group was in early 30s, looked like great place to work

interviews themselves:

5 min of "tell me about yourself"
no other behavioral questions, went straight to technical questions
several questions on effect of an event on all financial statements i.e. gain on asset disposal
a few straight-forward market-related math questions i.e up 15% one day, down 15% next, what is return?
several "What is beta, what is r2, how do you do DCF, what is WACC"

you have to know your financial statements!!

answered most correctly, missed roughly 3-4 out of roughly 15-20 technical questions, though it went well, expected phone call back , nothing for a week, wrote email to HR after 10 days, no response, wrote again after~16 days, no response, wrote a person who i interview with who seemed very nice and that I got along with, no response...

disappointed, expected more and would have loved to work there...

Interview Questions

• a few quick math questions (told most people miss them) not difficult, just focus, and don't fall into the traps
    i.e. stock went up 10% today, down 10% tomorrow , what is holding period return?
    1 Answer