S&P Global Market Intelligence Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was long and not structured. It was difficult to communicate with people in a timely manner. When speaking to people, they were very helpful but actually contacting them was frustrating. The frustration of the process deterred me away from the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

Got interview through on-campus recruiting. There was a 30 min pre-interview technology test. Afterwards, a behavioral interview where the recruiter discusses the results from the test and asks questions about your approach. There were plenty of questions about why you chose a certain design and other human-computer interaction questions. Finally, the recruiter gives a general overview of the position and responsibilities. Very informal one-on-one talk.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you want to sort queries based on popularity if you worked at S&P?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Questions

• Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was a design test that included qa testing questions and erd. Second round included 3 interviews where design questions were asked

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Offered Interview at school, which consisted of an hour. It was basically 30 minutes answering a question then 30 minutes reviewing it. THen if they like you they will call you back to go to New York then interview process took all day there. It consisted of interviewing with 3 people on personality, and two technical. Afterwards you go home, but they provide funding to fly to new york.

Interview Questions

• First question was design a website that involved in showing stock data. It had criterias.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a skills test (mainly dealing with interface design) and then a 1:1 interview going over performance on skills test and testing general logic/thinking skills.

Final Round consisted of a Super Day in the city with 3 1:1 interviews with different team members. Essentially they threw current problems at you and watched you work through them on a white board while explaining.

Overall a terrible experience, I was notified later that they had already filled all of the position openings and had over interviewed applicants. They were long between communications and unresponsive. Took them 4 months to repay my travel expenses. However, the company has a start up quality inside of a giant, so that's nice.

Interview Questions

• Design a web search user interface for current website.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 min Skills test (based on the role- Developer/DBA/ BA) and then a 1:1 interview to discuss solutions to interview questions. Questions included how to design a user interface based on a given scenario.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a user interface for Capital IQ's website given some specific requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I received an interview after meeting Capital IQ at my campus career fair. Relatively quickly, I got a first round interview which consisted of a half an hour one on one interview. A week later, I got invited to an on-site interview in NY. I thought the on-site interview was more personality based to determine if you fit in their culture. They told me that they would get back to a week and so far it has been a week and they still have not gotten back to me. Another colleauge of mine interviewed earlier than I have & still has not heard back as well.

Interview Questions

• What websites do you visit daily & what functionality's would you add or improve   Answer Question
    • Draw the layout of your favorite website & point out the pros and cons of it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

first interview:
    - 30 minute test on coding, designing a website interface, and designing a database
    - 1:1 interview mostly discussing the test & explaining your answers
    second interview:
    second interview (NYC):
    - lasted about 2 hours
    - 30 minute 1:1 interviews with Business Analysts
    - you are asked design questions, to show/explain work that you've done
    - very relaxed/conversational

Interview Questions

• If you could collect and display data/information about any area of your life, what would you do/how would you display & present it in a useful way   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Took a test on designing the layout of a website for listing the results of a search and for business model relationships. Then discussed with two different business analysts about how i reached the answers. Afterwards, standard interview questions were asked. Tried to follow up with emails on the status of the interview, but there was no response after a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would solve multi-threading in accessing nodes of a binary tree   Answer Question