S&P Global Market Intelligence Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

interviews generally happen over 1-2 days consisting of 3-4 rounds usually ending with the Deputy director taking the final round questions wil be based on SDLC , ur projects and case studies relating to everyday problems, questions on you resume, future goals and related questions

Interview Questions

• How would you handle new competition in your area , if you already own a pretty successful business but cannot handle the volume ..   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was held for so many candidates at a time and the first round was an written test which are on the basics of finance and second round was personal interview round in which they mainly asked about detail explanation of financial ratios.

Interview Questions

• Explain CAPM in detail.This is followed by some related questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

There is a initial aptitude test consisting of 4 sections answering the first one is compulsary as it test your quantitative aptitude the next section depends on the postion u apply for ...
    SE - codes and outputs
    DBA - sql queries and other realted questions
    BA - everyday life situations ....
    generic . - write a problem solving experince

The Interviews were three rounds 1 on campus and 2 in the company
    they consisted mostly of everyday situations ... he projects u are part of and your introduction
    and other activities u are involved in ...also they will give u use cases to solve and UI's to design ..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

You sit down and take a thirty minute test based on the job position (BA, DBA, or Software Engineer). After the test, an employee comes in and discusses situations and circumstances that can alter your answers (they are trying to see WHY you answered the questions the way you did). The questions are open-ended, but challenging to see if you fit their criteria.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very standard. Behavioral and then technical rounds. This was a campus interview so no surprises exactly. Had a written and group discussion round in college that was used for the screener.

Interview Questions

• How would you re-design a chair for school children. (This was supposed to analyze how you solve a problem and can come up with innovative solutions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Three rounds. Written; technical; Hr
    Written - Aptitude, SQL questions, case studies
    Technical- BA roles and responsibilities, case studies
    Managerial round - Why CIQ, Why are you looking for job change
    HR- Behavioural questions; Salary negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Campus Placements.Consisted of three rounds.First round was aptitude.Second round was technical(Mostly related to Business Analysts and some database questions).Third round was combination of both technical and HR.Most of the questions here was based on whether you were interested to work as Business Analyst or not.(My first preference was DBA)

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

Got interview through on-campus recruiting. There was a 30 min pre-interview technology test. Afterwards, a behavioral interview where the recruiter discusses the results from the test and asks questions about your approach. There were plenty of questions about why you chose a certain design and other human-computer interaction questions. Finally, the recruiter gives a general overview of the position and responsibilities. Very informal one-on-one talk.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you want to sort queries based on popularity if you worked at S&P?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Questions

• Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The total number of interviews were 4. I had to go on the campus and was there whole day. The questions were related to general accounting/ economics terminology and general knowledge about current affairs.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to associate the name of a person with whatever they were famous for and tehn they mentioned a random name that does not exist.   1 Answer

I got another offer from another company taht I preferred working in.