S&P Global Market Intelligence Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Call for interview based on review of the CV.
Round one - short interview asking basic and general questions.
Round two - detailed written test. There were different sections - GK, writing business reports based on a detailed write up given about a particular fictional company and answering questions after analysis of business reports.
Round three - technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was writing the business report based on a detailed write up given about the company in question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Details
    The written test consists of Easy english questions followed by arithmetic questions based on %, P&L, ratio etc. Next accounting questions on funds bonds and stocks.
    The technical rounds are tough but keep yourself updated with what happens in the stock market and the other important areas related to it. I have listed a few questions asked below

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in March 2010.

Interview

The first round of the interview consisted of taking a skills assestment test. The first question wanted you to outline/draw a sample interface of a database to hold documents. The second question asked about ERD's, and making one for a specific scenario. Then the interviewer would then come in, and ask you questions on your answers. The interviewer would propose difference scenarios for the interface, and ask how you would debug and implement small changes to improve user capability.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in November 2010.

Interview

first interview was drawing an erd diagram and another skills based question. First person I talked to I was extremely impressed with, really smart guy. I got a second interview down at their office where I saw the first person i interviewed with, my potential manager, and another business analyst. the other business analyst had been there awhile, and seemed frustrated with the company but loved the people. the manager was smart and asked good questions. I signed a paper for travel reimbursement, was told I would hear back in two weeks and left. That's when things got unorganized. I didn't hear anything back for over two weeks, emailed the recruiter and heard nothing back. I got the check like a month and a half later and it was for double the amount I put down. My friend also had a second interview and emailed the recruiter and was told he wasn't getting the job. I emailed them two times more and never heard a thing back. Kind of ridiculous for a company to be that unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was long and not structured. It was difficult to communicate with people in a timely manner. When speaking to people, they were very helpful but actually contacting them was frustrating. The frustration of the process deterred me away from the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1st round Online aptitude round, 2nd round F2F interview 3rd round F2F interview. It was good they were pretty friendly. They werer also helping in between where I stuck. So overall a very good experience

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and dropped off my resume. Was called for an inperson interview on campus. Interviewer was young. Had graduated from college 2 years earlier. We were asked to answer a technical question on designing a web page. that part of the interview lasted 30 minutes. Later, she came to evaluate my work and we discussed it and she asked some questions about it. That lasted about 15 minutes and then she asked general fit questions in which she was trying to find out my technical / design background. We discussed designing web pages some more and I asked a few questions. She was very nice. It's been a week and I am yet to find out if I will be called back for a 2nd round or not.. *fingers crossed*

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Long - met with multiple people during 2 sessions. First session was 2 people, second session was 4 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Campus Interview, lasted for one hour, finished the problem set they gave in half a hour and then discussed the solution with the interviewee. User interface design

Interview Questions

• Design the user interface for a given website with some descriptions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I received an interview after meeting Capital IQ at my campus career fair. Relatively quickly, I got a first round interview which consisted of a half an hour one on one interview. A week later, I got invited to an on-site interview in NY. I thought the on-site interview was more personality based to determine if you fit in their culture. They told me that they would get back to a week and so far it has been a week and they still have not gotten back to me. Another colleauge of mine interviewed earlier than I have & still has not heard back as well.

Interview Questions

• What websites do you visit daily & what functionality's would you add or improve   Answer Question
    • Draw the layout of your favorite website & point out the pros and cons of it   Answer Question