S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

1. Featured Interview

Data Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3/4 rounds which means if you are very good at 3rd round that is technical round they don't ask you to take the 4th round.
    So lets start with the interview process
    1. Online test: which is completely on Basic to medium level Mathematics and Reasoning questions which students usually prepare for many entrances but not as tough as exam like CAT etc. So prepare all basic mathematics clearly for which one will be given very less time. As per my experience situation was 12 min for 20 questions which are bit tough if you are not so good at mathematics, and Basics of English grammar, Comprehension passages, and you will have a one sections completely 50 questions related to Finance basics just based around your Job description. Except for aptitude you will be having ample time for rest of the questions i.e: 1 minute for 1 question.
    2. Process oriented test: This mayor may not happen it depends on the requirement of the hiring manager, This should be easy if you are confident with the subject knowledge you require as per the job description that you have applied.
    3. Technical round: A face to face interview round where you will be tested only on basics but which covers a vast subject over finance which is like for ex: Questions might be on over all topics like-Capital markets, Accounting, Financial management and Corporate finance. So you need to be strong with the basics if at all you want to clear this round.
    So questions would be from any of the areas mentioned above including Investment banking, But just basics so being strong at basics will help to to clear this round with ease.

4. Managerial round : If required they take you to this round i didn't face this round but i came to know through people that this round is mostly where they test practical application of knowledge.

So, Be prepared for online test with basic aptitude and reasoning and be fast at understanding English passages for comprehension which are a bit tough, Be prepared for complete basic questions about finance and topics that i have mentioned earlier.

Thank you i took time to write this because when i searched for the interview process during my recruitment time i haven't found anything about the interview process for this Job. so i would like to share my detail experience with the interview process which i feel will completely solves the purpose to take down this interview.

Interview Questions

• All basics of Financial markets, Accounting, and all basic related to finance which you have learnt in MBA or MCOM   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through SNL online portal via an alumni reference. Got a call a couple days later to set a phone screen with HR. After that I did another phone screen with a Manager and finally did a 4 person phone interview (~2 hrs). The process took about 2.5 weeks and went extremely well. The people were fantastic, informative, and totally transparent about the hiring process. SNL has a refreshingly well crafted screening process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   3 Answers
    • What about your past experience makes you qualified?   1 Answer

It was a tough decision but in the end I decided to go a totally different direction career wise.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Call with recruiter, followed up by call with hiring manager and then in-person interview with team - three separate conversations with multiple team members.

While the initial interview process went smoothly, three separate deadlines came and went after the in-person interview without hearing any feedback, despite following up with multiple members of the process. Was really disappointed at the lack of communication after being considered a finalist and having a very cordial in-person interview. Not sure where the breakdown occurred, but I felt it was unprofessional to be left in the dark for so long.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions related to previous experience and how skill set would translate to requirements of the role - describe experience working with Excel and other software programs and ability to maximize results within those.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge/background in analyzing energy markets? Do you have an understanding of how different utility markets function?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from HR after I applied for this position on University Portal. Scheduled a phone interview next week with another Software Engineer. It went well, basically asked to introduce myself followed by couple of question on data structures & algos. Got a mail from HR for the onsite interview couple of days later. Scheduled it the following week. Was given a test which the standard process I believe with 40 mins to complete it. After 40 mins the hiring manager came in took a look over the test, didn't go through the code. He was interested in the OO design ques in the test. Started asking about it & later he got into logic ques. All he wanted to see is how good my logic is, which if I would have been prepared for, would have been good. It didn't turn out well. The next couple of rounds were just the oral technical questions & behavioral. Those consisted of questions from databases - joins, groupbys & oops concepts etc.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The 1st half of the interview was as to be expected for the position. The second part of the interview was done with a contracted hiring consultant who was only interested in personality and not skills, experience or qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences in the filed.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews:-
    1. First Round(phone) :HR based interviews with general HR questions and provided a coding Quiz(Fraction point).

2. Second Round(phone): Interview with the hiring manager, general questions about my experience and courses taken at school. Discussed about my projects and how I could improve it now, and also went over the quiz.

3. Third Round (on-site) : 3 Round interviews with 4 different people(two in the last round). First round asked general question for 10 mins and provided to a coding quiz to be solved in 45 mins.

It had 4 questions ,all Data structures and OOPS based.
    1.Least Common Ancestor in a BST.
    2. Merging two sorted lists.
    3.How to Designing cache to return data faster (solution-hashtable) and how to improve it with multiple requests(multi-threading..)
    4. How to design vending Machine.

Second Round, the interviewer went over each solution and asked questions around the problem, improvements, and running times.

Third Round, two interviewers went over OOP, Design Patter, multi-threading, etc. Asked me to design and write codes for a Deck of cards for Blackjack, and some features of BlackJack Game(shuffling, players, giving cards to each player, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting date.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Interview Questions

• Design a Cache to store stock information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

This varies depending on the level - be prepared to answer core questions about Microsoft tools like C# and SQL Server

Solid knowledge of OO design principles is important and try to be concise as some interviewers will write you off if you keep jabbering.

I did not come across any general knowledge or other non technical questions but it is recommended that you brush up on what's happening in the industry to show that you are motivated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. I liked their offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university's career web site before 2009, and was contacted for the first round interview.

First round - Two technical interviews with software engineers. We were given a paper test with 5 questions that have been stated close to verbatim in previous reviews (find closest common parent of two nodes, reverse a linked list, count # of bits in a byte, db schema, cache design). The interviews are essentially a review of that paper test, and you may be asked to answer a slightly-modified version on one of the questions.

Final round - Two technical interviews and one HR interview. Both of the interviewers were senior engineers, and they asked different types of programming questions that are more or less on par with the paper test in the first round. The HR interview was very relaxed.

During the process, you eat lunch with other employees (with no connection to the interviewers) and may ask questions. My process was quick; I was contacted the day of the first round interview for the final round invite, and I was contacted a week after the final round with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• -Finding the lowest common parent of two nodes can be tricky
      -Detecting a palindrome (this was asked to nearly every candidate when I was applying)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to push back start-time, and slightly change the compensation.