S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website in October and around 10 days later I received a phone screen with someone currently in the role I applied to. After the initial phone screen I didn't hear back until January when I was asked to have a final round of interviews over Skype.

Interview Questions

• What role do you take when you work on a team? What do you like least about being on a team?   1 Answer
    • How did you choose your school?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your leadership experience/extra curricular activities   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had a member who was lagging behind. What did you do to motivate them?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

interviewer asked about general market inquiries, stock market basic knowledge and the usual stuff about yourself and dedication to work. it was a short interview, interviewer wasn't at all attentive

Interview Questions

• something about yourself
      familiarity with the company
      familiarity with the market
      knowledge about the job description
      usual stuff, edge over other applicants

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

1st round was a 30 minute phone screen - recruiter asked no technical questions. Heard back less than 24 hours later to schedule 2nd round, which was a week later. 2nd Round was probably the most difficult - 1 on 1 in-person interview with senior director hiring for the position. Heard back less than 30 minutes after leaving the interview about a final round. 3rd round was two weeks following - Recruiter handled all logistics and travel arrangements for out-of-state interviews with the team I'd be working closely with (2 day travel, consisted of 6x 30 minute, back to back interviews). Heard back within 24 hours with formal offer. They were good about extending time for me to consider and ask clarifying questions - I took 7 days to negotiate with competing offers. All in all - interviews were very conversational. Only technical questions pertained to my background and knowledge qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• -Define the responsibilites of 'Product Manager' specific to XYZ industry
      -Help me understand your resume
      -Explain the technical aspects of XYZ research publication
      -Why did you chose XYZ as your field of study for graduate schooling
      -Your background is heavily in research and this position is not, so:
      1) What experiences qualify you for this role?
      2) How familiar are you with excel and handling large data sets
      3) How have you engaged with stakeholders in this industry
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated 15% higher base salary and signing bonus

Finally Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

In-depth review of cash flow, income statement, balance sheet, good will, diluted eps. With heavy emphasis on the cash flow. Included a phone interview then two group interviews. Must be able to work in a tedious environment reading large statement for majority of the day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was long and not structured. It was difficult to communicate with people in a timely manner. When speaking to people, they were very helpful but actually contacting them was frustrating. The frustration of the process deterred me away from the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. Was briefed by an HR team member and then spoke with the VP of the group and came in for two in person interviews. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer as I was informed the organization had closed the position as part of a larger initiative.

Interview Questions

• Discuss what makes you special as an employee   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview
    Step 2: 1:1 on site interview

The company is great but the position is a fancy name for a customer service position. If you're looking for a position to do actual finance or data analysis, apply for other departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was a phone, second round was in person with two interviewers. Once at S&P they gave us a demo of their platform and then called us individually into an interview room. The interview was one on one, and lasted 30 min each. They want you to be concise and simple and see how well you can communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why your school and major?
      Recent news news in the capital markets?
      What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Tell me about your education experience/academic progression?
      Tell me about a time when a person in your group wasn't pulling their own weight?
      tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/situation

Client Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

They paid for me to fly from Atlanta to New York
    Put me in a hotel and interview was the next morning
    My friend who works there said he hates it but I didn't get an offer anyway
    He said you work all hours
    I liked the hotel but it took forever for them to reimburse me for the taxis

Client Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very fast interview process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up an i itial phone screen.

They invited me to come in and interview in person. Two half hour long interviews with the hiring managers.

They move quickly through the process. Both rounds I was invited back / received an offer within the week. Longest waiting times was waiting to coordinate with human resources.

Interview Questions

• General fit questions, also asked about my previous experience / responsibilities.   1 Answer