S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds.

1. Aptitude test -quant, verbal, LR, RC
    2. HR interview- basic questions
    3. Test -GK, language, maths, etc
    4. Managers round- various questions
    5. Directors round- 5 minute interview

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into the role?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

1) Written Test, in this they asked all technical and functional Q's, including SQL,VBA and Finance Related Objective and Descriptive type Q's for 40 Marks in max 1hour duration.
    2) Technical Interview level -1
    3) Technical Interview level -2 All management and decision making related Q's
    4) HR round

Interview Questions

• Bond Coupon ?
      Bond Callable and Puttable features?
      Tell me an incidence where one transaction effects all 3 statements?
      S&P Global Ticker ?
      More Q's on my previous work ?
      VBA and Excel related Q's?
      SQL related Query's?
      Turnover Ratios and days outstanding ratios,CCC, DIO, DRO?
      Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
    2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
    3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
    bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
    4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
    5th is director round :just a formality

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in February 2016.

Interview

Its a long procedure and there are 4 rounds of interview. First call is a surprise call. HR is helpful and accommodating.Job descriptions are shared so one can prepare very well. Somtimes last round of interview is delayed due to non availability of US based management.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

The worst interview I have ever had. I was asked lots of questions I didn't prepare such as financial knowledge I learnt in college. I didn't expect to be asked these questions.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial interview with three people. They reviewed my background and went over the position. Afterwards, there would have been a follow-up interview with others in the organization.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Visakhapatnam (India)).

Interview

For freshers they conduct written test,after that technical 1 and technical 2.every round is eliminating round.after that hr discussion.they qualify more candidates in written test,but in technical 1 maximum candidates will disqualify.

Interview Questions

• Majorly on finance and accounting
      For ex: basics of finance and accounting,formulas,definitions.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I dont know about that,because i m fresher same package.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirupati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Tirupati (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was selected through campus placement. first round is written test which will is easy for the prepared one. followed by two technical rounds which they will squeez us. Indepth subject knowledge is required for clearing interview. But unfortunately this knowledge is not at all used while working in the company

Interview Questions

• more about accounting, share market, dividend and more practical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

according to company norms, standard

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 step process. first round is online written exam. tests your mathematical skills and knowledge in finance . then technical round depends on you performancem you have to have good english skills and they test you on knowledge on finance and wheteher you can work in the company.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. Usually undergo 5 rounds > Aptitude test (this is pretty easy to crack) > HR interview (again, they just look for the basic characteristics) > Tech Test (this is very tough to get through and requires a lot of technical knowledge) > manager Interview (this is a 1 - 2 hour long interview, gruelling and keeps you guessing till the end) > Director interview (this is very interactive and a relief after the manager round)

Interview Questions

• There are two trains starting from two points a 1000 km apart. Train A is travelling at 180 km/hr and Train B at 120 km/hr. There is a bee which is oscillating between the engines of the two trains. How much distance will the bee travel in total when the trains meet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations took place since this was through College.