S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds.

1. Aptitude test -quant, verbal, LR, RC
    2. HR interview- basic questions
    3. Test -GK, language, maths, etc
    4. Managers round- various questions
    5. Directors round- 5 minute interview

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into the role?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

1) Written Test, in this they asked all technical and functional Q's, including SQL,VBA and Finance Related Objective and Descriptive type Q's for 40 Marks in max 1hour duration.
    2) Technical Interview level -1
    3) Technical Interview level -2 All management and decision making related Q's
    4) HR round

Interview Questions

• Bond Coupon ?
      Bond Callable and Puttable features?
      Tell me an incidence where one transaction effects all 3 statements?
      S&P Global Ticker ?
      More Q's on my previous work ?
      VBA and Excel related Q's?
      SQL related Query's?
      Turnover Ratios and days outstanding ratios,CCC, DIO, DRO?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
    2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
    3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
    bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
    4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
    5th is director round :just a formality

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirupati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Tirupati (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was selected through campus placement. first round is written test which will is easy for the prepared one. followed by two technical rounds which they will squeez us. Indepth subject knowledge is required for clearing interview. But unfortunately this knowledge is not at all used while working in the company

Interview Questions

• more about accounting, share market, dividend and more practical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

according to company norms, standard

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 step process. first round is online written exam. tests your mathematical skills and knowledge in finance . then technical round depends on you performancem you have to have good english skills and they test you on knowledge on finance and wheteher you can work in the company.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. Usually undergo 5 rounds > Aptitude test (this is pretty easy to crack) > HR interview (again, they just look for the basic characteristics) > Tech Test (this is very tough to get through and requires a lot of technical knowledge) > manager Interview (this is a 1 - 2 hour long interview, gruelling and keeps you guessing till the end) > Director interview (this is very interactive and a relief after the manager round)

Interview Questions

• There are two trains starting from two points a 1000 km apart. Train A is travelling at 180 km/hr and Train B at 120 km/hr. There is a bee which is oscillating between the engines of the two trains. How much distance will the bee travel in total when the trains meet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations took place since this was through College.

Data Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

apptitude test n then three rounds of personel interview. first round was normal introduction round then second was hr round and third was technical round.
    first two rounds were easy but third was difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online for gurgaon location.
    Process started with an online aptitude test comprising English, Maths, Computer and finance related questions.
    2nd round was personal interview with HR and then technical round related to field.

Interview Questions

• AS 26, Venture Capital, Weighted Average Cost of capital, Depreciation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

1.Shortlisting on the basis of Resume
    2.Written test
    3.Hirevue round
    4.company presentation
    5.Interview with the manager
    The placement started in february'16.Cleared all rounds of the placement process and visited them for the company presentation in April.The process has been on hold since then and still waiting for my call for the final round of interview .There has been no intimation from the company either.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Pune (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks.

1. Phone Interview with a experienced product consultant
    2. On-Site Interview with a Manager followed by a Director

I was emailed an offer the following day after my on-site interview.

All behavioral. This program begins as a role in customer service for 18 months followed by the ability to move throughout the company into different sectors.

Interview Questions

• something about yourself
      familiarity with the company
      familiarity with the market
      knowledge about the job description
      usual stuff, edge over other applicants
      1 Answer