S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

There are total 3 rounds. First will be written test based on excel, word, PowerPoint and financial mcq and 1 essay writing. 2nd will be technical round and last will be HR round.

Interview Questions

• What's difference between impairment and amortisation?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round video interview. Then on site interview with two different managers, 30 mins each. The in person interview was very informative and the interviewers seemed genuinely interested in my interests. Made a good impression on the relationships employees have.

Client Services Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2016.

Interview

Not a very good experience with the company overall. Decided to withdraw my application after the second interview as interviewers appeared unprofessional. Communication was poor in between interviews. Hiring managers ask irrelevant questions to the role and did not seem to like eager graduates who are looking for a developing career path. This service program is nothing else than a chatting responsibility towards the company's clients. I do not understand what you are supposed to learn from this. Coming from a great school with a GPA > 3.9, you want an employer that empowers you, not oppresses you.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence Ahmedabad Gujarat.

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. In every round elimination.

Interview Questions

• In technical round all about subject related question like different between private co.and public co.,working capital,diluted Eps,operating income,AGM,ADR,type of dividend,cash flow statement so on..   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Chandigarh (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

In process interview first thing to pass is aptitude test then followed by group discussion between students on different current topics and finally step of interview is personal interview.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Three telephonic round plus once face to face round .....

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. however interview process is long and tough but worthy to go through to land a job in such a top research company. I applied via its career and got to the mail for online test within six days of receiving the mail following by HR call to inform you the positive result of the test and ask you to visit the office for further rounds of interview. They will check your deep knowledge of finance and analytical skills with an eye for detail.

Interview Questions

• It is all about aptitude test and its questions so far, will update further once get to experience. There will be a online MCQ test of 100 min. Syllabus and pattern of the test are
      # 30 questions from Airthmetic maths and time duration will be 20 min.there will be 30 questions. Maths questions topics are most likely to be Average, SI & CI, Probability, Permutation and combination, Number series, Number system, mixture, Percentage, profit & loss and discounts, some very basic mensuration questions.

#10 questions of simple English grammar of sentence fillers and synonyms & antonyms for 10 min,

#10 questions from current affairs especially brand name,CEO, tagline of world's top companies for 10 min,

#50 questions from accounts and finance which requires deep understanding of the concepts for 50 min.and

#lastly 15 minutes SOP.
      Answer Question
    • Finance questions based on following topics as per memory are.
      Leverage buyouts, intrinsic value and market value of shares, ESOP. Cash flow, future derivatives, buyers and seller positions and profit maximization position, private placement, shares and types with features, floating coupon rate and advantages, GAAP, CDO, BLO, Public financial statement as per Indian GAAP, objective of financial statement, depreciation methods, operation cost, fixed assets, capital budgeting decisions, Underwriting, YTM, technical and fundamental analysis, Share market and black days and their dates.

Around 10 questions will be based on given paragraph based on financial information of the companies.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It's an onsite interview. I was interviewing with five persons. For each person, it was a 30 minutes talk. Most of questions were based on my resume. It also included some very practical industrial questions.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Briefing. Round 1.
    Technical Round. Round 2. All Technical questions were asked about your knowledge in financial world.
    Director's Round. Round 3. This was a grilling round. No Technical question. By far the longest round.
    Got selected. Then HR briefed about salary details. The Results were positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.