S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

468 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

First step:
    First interview - Senior Recruiter
    -basic behavioral and character questions
    -employment history questions (why did you leave? Or why are you leaving?)
    -questions on the job description and your expectations

2nd step:
    Technical exam
    -basic accounting and finance
    -what is basel accord?
    -important to pass this since this will determine how much knowledge you know (sets the momentum on your salary)

3rd step:
    Panel interview (2 asst operations managers & 1 industry expert from India)
    -behavorial and character questions
    -how do you see yourself in the short and long term?
    -technical questions (some are taken from the exam itself)
    -above average difficulty

4th step:
    Final Interview (1 operations manager)
    -tell me more about yourself that's not in the resume
    -behavioral and character questions
    -what is your advantage on other applicants?
    -average difficulty

5th step:
    Job offer

Application processing is approximately 2 weeks or less

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took 2 months to complete. There were 4 rounds which included 2 HR round and 2 Technical interviews. The HR rounds involved simple HR questions. They look for good communication skills and good personality traits.

Senior Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

First two rounds are in telephonic, 3rd round is F2F. most of questions they have been asked on process oriented and Troubleshooting oriented. After the Interview you will fast feedback and no delay in interview process .

Interview Questions

• Interview questions based on the skills which you mentioned.   1 Answer

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

The process was so easy. They called me directly,and scheduled my interview for next day. Interview was so easy. A half day process. A team of three offecial was there for interview. Everything was vocal questions. Before starting the interview they will clearly tell us about the company and job role. They asked me about my resume, technical knowledge, and personal questions. The smiling faces will give us confidence. And at the end of the interview they will tell you about the result of the interview,and the package. Luckily I got selected. :)

Interview Questions

• They asked about all technical terms related to HTML CSS JavaScript,etc   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview consist of 4 rounds and difficulty level is Average. First round is Aptitude Test which consist of Finance Questions, 2nd round is HR round in which knowledge regarding current company and position for which candidate is applied is checked, 3rd team leader in which past work experience is discussed and 4th is with Manager and it's a bit same as 3rd round.

Interview Questions

• Related to Basic Finance question about past work experience, Current Company   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy process.First they had taken interview over phone to check communication skill.Once they found ok then got a call for technical round.It was really easy.Then final round was about having skype call with managers sitting at different locations outside of India.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation when server is down and how would you answer to all the employees and senior management team ?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

It's a total mixed bag. It depends on who your interviewing with. Most, if you are really good at what you do, you can walk circles around. Just sound accommodating and knowledge .

Interview Questions

• There really is no question that will help you here.....   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume with a referral, and got the interview after one week. I had four rounds one-on-one phone interviews. HR and hiring manager rounds were easy. The last round one with a vice president was tough , he called me one day earlier(possibly on purpose), and asked at least five questions on each task of each project , then I failed.

Interview Questions

• how you know our company? tell me about your self. go through your resume. what you know about our product and competitor's product? whats your career goals?   1 Answer

Software Development Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Basically they arrange walk-ins and call people from every corner of a city though they need just 2-3 people. Salary standard is very low, hence management does not directly confess that you are not in our budget. They take just your screening interview and kick you off. How on earth they find candidate just by asking where he/she works and how much he/she earns? Believe me I was sent back multiple times after first and last question of CTC. This has not only happened with me more than once, I know more people with same experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is your current CTC and what is expected CTC? (Second and last question)   1 Answer

Editorial/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2016.

Interview

I have been through the entire interview process twice with SNL. On both occasions, after completing numerous interviews and lots of paperwork, I was just left hanging. Whatever happened to basic professional courtesy? This place has none. It's not like I filed off an email application and expected a response. I went through numerous phone interviews and discussions. They were very nice on the phone but just never contacting serious prospects again is insulting and amateurish. They pay scales are also abysmal. Want to go work as an "analyst" in Boulder for less than $60k/year? This is your place! I don't know what kind of analyst you will get for salaries that are equivalent to managing a McDonalds, but good luck with all that.