S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

466 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finally Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

In-depth review of cash flow, income statement, balance sheet, good will, diluted eps. With heavy emphasis on the cash flow. Included a phone interview then two group interviews. Must be able to work in a tedious environment reading large statement for majority of the day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was long and not structured. It was difficult to communicate with people in a timely manner. When speaking to people, they were very helpful but actually contacting them was frustrating. The frustration of the process deterred me away from the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. Was briefed by an HR team member and then spoke with the VP of the group and came in for two in person interviews. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer as I was informed the organization had closed the position as part of a larger initiative.

Interview Questions

• Discuss what makes you special as an employee   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume with a referral, and got the interview after one week. I had four rounds one-on-one phone interviews. HR and hiring manager rounds were easy. The last round one with a vice president was tough , he called me one day earlier(possibly on purpose), and asked at least five questions on each task of each project , then I failed.

Interview Questions

• how you know our company? tell me about your self. go through your resume. what you know about our product and competitor's product? whats your career goals?   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview
    Step 2: 1:1 on site interview

The company is great but the position is a fancy name for a customer service position. If you're looking for a position to do actual finance or data analysis, apply for other departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was a phone, second round was in person with two interviewers. Once at S&P they gave us a demo of their platform and then called us individually into an interview room. The interview was one on one, and lasted 30 min each. They want you to be concise and simple and see how well you can communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why your school and major?
      Recent news news in the capital markets?
      What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Tell me about your education experience/academic progression?
      Tell me about a time when a person in your group wasn't pulling their own weight?
      tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/situation   Answer Question

Client Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

They paid for me to fly from Atlanta to New York
    Put me in a hotel and interview was the next morning
    My friend who works there said he hates it but I didn't get an offer anyway
    He said you work all hours
    I liked the hotel but it took forever for them to reimburse me for the taxis

Client Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very fast interview process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up an i itial phone screen.

They invited me to come in and interview in person. Two half hour long interviews with the hiring managers.

They move quickly through the process. Both rounds I was invited back / received an offer within the week. Longest waiting times was waiting to coordinate with human resources.

Interview Questions

• General fit questions, also asked about my previous experience / responsibilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through my college website, and submitted application online. I received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted 10 mins. Basically you talk about your experience. They also randomly asked me to name 3 financial statements that are part of the 10-k.

Then a few days later, I was invited to their superday where i was interviewing on the same day as 5-6 others on that day. I did two seperate, 10 minute interviews with the managing director and a manager of the team. Interview wasnt so bad. The culture of the company was friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time with a client.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about our company?
      What is present value?
      Went through resume; I see you have experience working with children, how is this similar to working with clients?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Technical phone interview, no behavioral questions. Very friendly. Was waiting to hear if I would receive a chance at an in-person interview when I was informed they went on a hiring freeze. Everyone I interacted with was very professional and friendly, never felt uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between quicksort and mergesort?   Answer Question