S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume with a referral, and got the interview after one week. I had four rounds one-on-one phone interviews. HR and hiring manager rounds were easy. The last round one with a vice president was tough , he called me one day earlier(possibly on purpose), and asked at least five questions on each task of each project , then I failed.

Interview Questions

• how you know our company? tell me about your self. go through your resume. what you know about our product and competitor's product? whats your career goals?   1 Answer

Editorial/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2016.

Interview

I have been through the entire interview process twice with SNL. On both occasions, after completing numerous interviews and lots of paperwork, I was just left hanging. Whatever happened to basic professional courtesy? This place has none. It's not like I filed off an email application and expected a response. I went through numerous phone interviews and discussions. They were very nice on the phone but just never contacting serious prospects again is insulting and amateurish. They pay scales are also abysmal. Want to go work as an "analyst" in Boulder for less than $60k/year? This is your place! I don't know what kind of analyst you will get for salaries that are equivalent to managing a McDonalds, but good luck with all that.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Chandigarh (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

In process interview first thing to pass is aptitude test then followed by group discussion between students on different current topics and finally step of interview is personal interview.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. however interview process is long and tough but worthy to go through to land a job in such a top research company. I applied via its career and got to the mail for online test within six days of receiving the mail following by HR call to inform you the positive result of the test and ask you to visit the office for further rounds of interview. They will check your deep knowledge of finance and analytical skills with an eye for detail.

Interview Questions

• It is all about aptitude test and its questions so far, will update further once get to experience. There will be a online MCQ test of 100 min. Syllabus and pattern of the test are
      # 30 questions from Airthmetic maths and time duration will be 20 min.there will be 30 questions. Maths questions topics are most likely to be Average, SI & CI, Probability, Permutation and combination, Number series, Number system, mixture, Percentage, profit & loss and discounts, some very basic mensuration questions.

#10 questions of simple English grammar of sentence fillers and synonyms & antonyms for 10 min,

#10 questions from current affairs especially brand name,CEO, tagline of world's top companies for 10 min,

#50 questions from accounts and finance which requires deep understanding of the concepts for 50 min.and

#lastly 15 minutes SOP.   Answer Question
    • Finance questions based on following topics as per memory are.
      Leverage buyouts, intrinsic value and market value of shares, ESOP. Cash flow, future derivatives, buyers and seller positions and profit maximization position, private placement, shares and types with features, floating coupon rate and advantages, GAAP, CDO, BLO, Public financial statement as per Indian GAAP, objective of financial statement, depreciation methods, operation cost, fixed assets, capital budgeting decisions, Underwriting, YTM, technical and fundamental analysis, Share market and black days and their dates.

Around 10 questions will be based on given paragraph based on financial information of the companies.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in February 2016.

Interview

Its a long procedure and there are 4 rounds of interview. First call is a surprise call. HR is helpful and accommodating.Job descriptions are shared so one can prepare very well. Somtimes last round of interview is delayed due to non availability of US based management.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

The worst interview I have ever had. I was asked lots of questions I didn't prepare such as financial knowledge I learnt in college. I didn't expect to be asked these questions.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial interview with three people. They reviewed my background and went over the position. Afterwards, there would have been a follow-up interview with others in the organization.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Visakhapatnam (India)).

Interview

For freshers they conduct written test,after that technical 1 and technical 2.every round is eliminating round.after that hr discussion.they qualify more candidates in written test,but in technical 1 maximum candidates will disqualify.

Interview Questions

• Majorly on finance and accounting
      For ex: basics of finance and accounting,formulas,definitions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I dont know about that,because i m fresher same package.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirupati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Tirupati (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was selected through campus placement. first round is written test which will is easy for the prepared one. followed by two technical rounds which they will squeez us. Indepth subject knowledge is required for clearing interview. But unfortunately this knowledge is not at all used while working in the company

Interview Questions

• more about accounting, share market, dividend and more practical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

according to company norms, standard

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 step process. first round is online written exam. tests your mathematical skills and knowledge in finance . then technical round depends on you performancem you have to have good english skills and they test you on knowledge on finance and wheteher you can work in the company.