S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from HR after I applied for this position on University Portal. Scheduled a phone interview next week with another Software Engineer. It went well, basically asked to introduce myself followed by couple of question on data structures & algos. Got a mail from HR for the onsite interview couple of days later. Scheduled it the following week. Was given a test which the standard process I believe with 40 mins to complete it. After 40 mins the hiring manager came in took a look over the test, didn't go through the code. He was interested in the OO design ques in the test. Started asking about it & later he got into logic ques. All he wanted to see is how good my logic is, which if I would have been prepared for, would have been good. It didn't turn out well. The next couple of rounds were just the oral technical questions & behavioral. Those consisted of questions from databases - joins, groupbys & oops concepts etc.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall process took three months. Applied in February and received a call early April. One phone interview, pretty straight forward. Got an email the same day asking to come in for an interview. Interviewed by Senior QA and Skype conference call with their boss. A day after the in person interview, got an offer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of an on campus written exam followed by two in person interviews. Having passed those, they invited me to a "super-days" interview day at their office in NYC, which consisted of some networking events and three more in-person interviews. In total, I had 5 in-person interviews with 6 different people, two networking events, and an exam.

Interview Questions

• Classic computer science interview questions, asking you to write code, explain resume, time complexity of code solutions, etc. What's the difference between an interface and API?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at the school Career Fair and handed him my resume. Then applied online.

Day 3, I got a call that my resume is picked for first rounds of interview on School campus.

Day 9, First rounds:
    There was a written test, and discussion with two recruiters following it. The exam tests on database design, sql queries and basic algorithm skill.
    I couldn't complete the test on time (we were given only 20 minutes). The interviewers discussed the exam content and helped solving the queries that I did not. They were looking for approach.

Day 16, I got a call for final rounds at office, NY

Day 22: There was a reception with "one employee per every intern candidate" and had very good opportunity to network with all. There were details given and ice-breaker events
    Day 23: There were three rounds of interview(1, 2 and 1 interviewers in each round). All four of them were super cool and helpful. I was even provided manuals for a function I was supposed to use in solving a query. Again, they tested skills on design, knowledge of databases, and Querying

Day 26: I got a call from HR that I got selected. Friday was interview and they updated selection on Monday. It was amazingly quick.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a scenario and normalize. (Realize anomalies and redundancies)
      2. SQL queries (Aggregation, rank, etc.)
      3. Database knowledge (Keys, Indexes, all questions included a "when do you do it or not do it")   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

one phone interview... then followed up with an in office interview. Interviewed by VP then team I was to work with. Mostly behavioral questions, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through 6 interviews and then 1 person twice over a 3 month period. I was never called back, I had to call to be told they were going in another direction. Communication from the company was good at first but then when it became clear I wasn't getting the role. all communication stopped. I thought that was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, most related to previous employment and background, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in November 2014.

Interview

Basic question about yourself and past experience. Very detail questions about your project in the resume and also the skills you mentioned in the resume. A phone interview is last for 20 mins.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews:-
    1. First Round(phone) :HR based interviews with general HR questions and provided a coding Quiz(Fraction point).

2. Second Round(phone): Interview with the hiring manager, general questions about my experience and courses taken at school. Discussed about my projects and how I could improve it now, and also went over the quiz.

3. Third Round (on-site) : 3 Round interviews with 4 different people(two in the last round). First round asked general question for 10 mins and provided to a coding quiz to be solved in 45 mins.

It had 4 questions ,all Data structures and OOPS based.
    1.Least Common Ancestor in a BST.
    2. Merging two sorted lists.
    3.How to Designing cache to return data faster (solution-hashtable) and how to improve it with multiple requests(multi-threading..)
    4. How to design vending Machine.

Second Round, the interviewer went over each solution and asked questions around the problem, improvements, and running times.

Third Round, two interviewers went over OOP, Design Patter, multi-threading, etc. Asked me to design and write codes for a Deck of cards for Blackjack, and some features of BlackJack Game(shuffling, players, giving cards to each player, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting date.

Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. I applied through my university''s job portal. My resume got shortlisted and I was asked to schedule an interview appointment.
    On the day of the interview, there were two tasks, one was a written test and second was the interview.

Both the tasks were given a time on 30 minutes.

The test was easy but lengthy. So make sure you manage the time well.
    The interview was mostly based on your SQL skillset. The interviewer gave a scenario and asked to design a database for it. And then the whole interview went around the same database design.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite simple. But they expect you to provide with an optimal solution for the problem.   Answer Question