S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good, this was for Senior management role. All the 4 rounds went off very well and quickly. Later on they even came back with the salary details and checked if i as ok with the proposed CTC. We negotiated well. After that suddenly the recruiter stopped communicating. I kept on checking with them on what happened. They just kept on stating that we liked your profile very much but the business is taking some time due to re-branding and they will come back. After almost 6 weeks of follow ups and same excuses the recruiter said that the position is no longer available as it has frozen due to reorg.
    I had put in a lot of time and effort giving these interviews and chased them Not at all to hear this.
    Extremely unprofessional company to work for. I suggest everyone to be aware of such things at S&P.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. Was briefed by an HR team member and then spoke with the VP of the group and came in for two in person interviews. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer as I was informed the organization had closed the position as part of a larger initiative.

Interview Questions

• Discuss what makes you special as an employee   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a part of campus placement and it held at their Gurgaon office. One of the senior managers from Hyderabad took it through Skype. The whole interview lasted for around 20-25 mins. Prior to this three rounds were there : resume shortlisting , online interview , and aptitude test .

Interview Questions

• Meaning of EPS , DPS , outstanding shares , subsidiary .
      Working Capital efficiency in operating cycle
      minority interest
      bridge finance
      methods of goodwill valuation
      Financial Statements
      items under cash flow
      Capital budgeting techniques
      Answer Question

JRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st written
    2nd technical pannel of 2 people
    3rd director round
    4th HR round
    and expect more not the laymen answers and if you cross the first 3 rounds the 4th one was easy and hae only CTC negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round was simply the screening of resume.
    The second round was an aptitude test comprising of 4 sections- General aptitude,Comprehension,GK,Finance. The 3rd round was a Hirevue interview.
    Next is a face to face interview.
    Waiting for the interview date.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue question: share your internship details.
                                   alternative career
                                   are you willing to work in rotational shifts.
      Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

First round - aptitude 110 minutes online test
    Second round - operational round basic accounting questions were asked- principles of accounting ,accrued income,depletion,capital budgeting ,share premium ,Debt- equity ratio
     asked me self intro plus about project too
    Derivatives, amalgamation ,absorption, acquisition, merger,
     Annual report
     Public and private company
    net assets fictitious assets

Interview Questions

• principles of accounting ,accrued income,depletion,capital budgeting ,share premium ,Debt- equity ratio
       asked me self intro plus about project too
      Derivatives, amalgamation ,absorption, acquisition, merger,
       Annual report
       Public and private company
      net assets fictitious assets
      1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I first had an online aptitude test which was the first round.The second round was the telephonic interview round.The date and time was given before hand and the call was made at that precise time.Interview process was very technical.The person was professional and polite.Questions were asked to the point.Havent heard back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• what services does the company provide? Define/Differences: seed capital,private equity,venture capital,NASDAQ,etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First Round: Aptitude Test

Second Round: HR
    Generic in Nature yet testing your knowledge

Third Round: Team Manager
    Technical and conversational in nature

Fourth Round: Core Technical ( can be video conference based viva)

Fifth Round: Director
    checks your knowledge of the field, why you want to join and conversational in nature

Interview Questions

• Recent Economic Activity - Throw some light on the facts
      Stock Exchange based questions
      Accounting principles and terms
      Terms related to financial statements
      6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

STEPS:
    1. Hirevu, making a video answering questions asked.
    2. Online test comprising of quant, general aptitude, financial questions, and how you can benefit the company.
    3. Company presentation
    4. Interview

And it takes months to finalise the date of joining.
    So be patient!

Interview Questions

• Yuan Devaluation, Shanghai market crash, meaning of your name, impact of yuan devaluation on India and rest of the world, some questions were based on resume.   2 Answers

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Whole process took 7 days from first call to getting an offer. It started with first telephonic round(50 min), they covered data modeling concepts, architecture, performance tuning, indexing, Enterprise architect, ERWIN.
    2nd round was face to face where I was given technical written test which includes objective + subjective questions. Subjective were 3 sql queries quite complex for a person who didn't work on queries extensively.
    3rd round was face to face interview with director who asked lot of technical question, these were in depth questions

Interview Questions

• Indexing in sql server, clustered index, execution plans, index seek, bookmark lookups etc.   Answer Question