S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

2 rounds test and then HR round.. very very simple

Interview Questions

• very basic concepts of M&A   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

there was drive for Research Associate..application were invited thru employee referall, naukri or simiar ways.. drive was on for more than 2 weeks.. and graduate+ pg both were invited..
    1. a form was given in which details were to be filled + an aptitude test ( 30 min) to fill up all
    2. shortlisted were called for namesake HR intv. and then were told that will call u later..
    it happend with almost all candidates.. i wonder if any was selected..on that day or other..

i have not got a call yet.. or i dont know whether vacancies are filled

Interview Questions

• no such ques..
      prepare for- why u want to join and your key skills for the job post
      Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

I gone through the written test and written test was as easy as simple test with forty questions in finance and ten questions in aptitude and ten questions in English and time given for me is one hour and i finished the test within half an hour.

Database Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's CareerNet website. I was called for an On-Campus Interview. The interview lasted for an hour. First, I had to appear for a 30 minute test, which included 3 questions. First question was to draw an E-R diagram from the given information. Second question was to solve SQL queries. Third question tests your basic programming skills, few basic programs like prime number, palindrome etc.

A week later, I got an e-mail informing me that I cleared the first round of interview and was invited for the final round of interviews on-site. The final round of interviews lasted for 2 hours and 15 minutes. There were 3 interviews one after the other each of 45 mins.

The on-site interview started at 12:30. The 1st interviewer gave a data model and asked some basic SQL queries on that. He also asked about indexing. The 2nd interviewer presented me with a scenario and asked to design a data model. The 3rd interview was conducted by 2 people. They gave me a data model and asked some set operation based SQL queries. My interview ended at 2:45. The HR gave us a tour of the office after the interview.

Along with technical they even asked me about the project work, experience etc. So be ready for resume based questions too.

I got a call from the HR after 2 weeks to inform me that I was selected.

Overall, it was a good experience. Concentrate more on data modelling and SQL queries. Try solving as many queries as you can. Practice well.

The Interviewers are warm and polite. They help you if you are stuck or give you hints so that you get an idea of the question and can think in the right way.

Even if you go wrong, it is completely fine, what matters is your approach towards the question, your problem solving skills etc.

All the best!!

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked a difficult question but I wasn't much prepared with set operation based queries. So I had tough time answering them.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2015.

Interview

A head hunter contacted me. Had a 15 minute phone interview with the HR.
    We talked about my resume, why I want to work in finance, etc.
    In the end, we talked about salary. My expected salary was not in their range, so I didnt get a call back.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall process took three months. Applied in February and received a call early April. One phone interview, pretty straight forward. Got an email the same day asking to come in for an interview. Interviewed by Senior QA and Skype conference call with their boss. A day after the in person interview, got an offer

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

4 round interviews, all were in person interviews. But that time it was for summer interns. But mostly they see how you present your thoughts clearly. Not very technical.

Interview Questions

• 2 rounds technical, 1 round "intelligence", 1 round project. Really easy questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

almost non existent - i knew more about the company than both the HR rep giving the interview and the manager that ultimately hired me. Everyone was new and people seemed more interested in socializing with one another than what was going on with the business. Employees were completely oblivious to everything outside their immediate teams.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2016.

Interview

This company doesn't select candidates based on merit. They give lot of preference to referral candidates. I'm happy I didn't job offer in this company. Thanks to the hr samridhi verma. I'm happy that now I got a opportunity to work as analyst for investment bank.
     My advice to future candidate. Don't join this company as research associate they do backend work ( only secondary research ) . There is no value for your work experience after 2 years in the market.

Interview Questions

• about yourself.. they asked about investment bank.? ipo? underwriting.   Answer Question