S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Three telephonic round plus once face to face round .....

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. however interview process is long and tough but worthy to go through to land a job in such a top research company. I applied via its career and got to the mail for online test within six days of receiving the mail following by HR call to inform you the positive result of the test and ask you to visit the office for further rounds of interview. They will check your deep knowledge of finance and analytical skills with an eye for detail.

Interview Questions

• It is all about aptitude test and its questions so far, will update further once get to experience. There will be a online MCQ test of 100 min. Syllabus and pattern of the test are
      # 30 questions from Airthmetic maths and time duration will be 20 min.there will be 30 questions. Maths questions topics are most likely to be Average, SI & CI, Probability, Permutation and combination, Number series, Number system, mixture, Percentage, profit & loss and discounts, some very basic mensuration questions.

#10 questions of simple English grammar of sentence fillers and synonyms & antonyms for 10 min,

#10 questions from current affairs especially brand name,CEO, tagline of world's top companies for 10 min,

#50 questions from accounts and finance which requires deep understanding of the concepts for 50 min.and

#lastly 15 minutes SOP.   Answer Question
    • Finance questions based on following topics as per memory are.
      Leverage buyouts, intrinsic value and market value of shares, ESOP. Cash flow, future derivatives, buyers and seller positions and profit maximization position, private placement, shares and types with features, floating coupon rate and advantages, GAAP, CDO, BLO, Public financial statement as per Indian GAAP, objective of financial statement, depreciation methods, operation cost, fixed assets, capital budgeting decisions, Underwriting, YTM, technical and fundamental analysis, Share market and black days and their dates.

Around 10 questions will be based on given paragraph based on financial information of the companies.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It's an onsite interview. I was interviewing with five persons. For each person, it was a 30 minutes talk. Most of questions were based on my resume. It also included some very practical industrial questions.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Briefing. Round 1.
    Technical Round. Round 2. All Technical questions were asked about your knowledge in financial world.
    Director's Round. Round 3. This was a grilling round. No Technical question. By far the longest round.
    Got selected. Then HR briefed about salary details. The Results were positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Data Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

HR Interview:
    Tell us about yourself and checked my knowledge about the company. It was pretty easy and basic. They have an online test first checking their apti and after that they call you for the interview process

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself.
      2. Knowledge about the company.
      3. Why would you like to join us?
      4. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

JRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a campus interview. the interview consists of 4 rounds.
    1)Aptitude test( contains English, Mathematics and account basic objective questions)
    2)Technical interview-1(with the TL)
    3)Technical interview-1(with the Manager)
    4)HR

In the technical round interviewer asked me all definitions related to corporate finance, Investment banking , Portfolio Management. since our company related to finance services.
    they didnot asked me any accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting and finance questions   1 Answer

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Fistly on telephonic round as in hr executive interview with basic knowledge and to check your confidence to get the job. Than after 1 week there would be yopur in person interview with the Hr and Head Hr .Easy as all companies, spending lot time and just asking your brief. asking about family background and your knowledge and your proficiency toward position

Interview Questions

• What do you know about market research   1 Answer

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly company, I had two telephone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring managers and I was asked to come in for a final round interview. The questions were majority competency so not too challenging. The process took around 2 weeks in total and final round is held at their office in Canary Wharf.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1st round Online aptitude round, 2nd round F2F interview 3rd round F2F interview. It was good they were pretty friendly. They werer also helping in between where I stuck. So overall a very good experience