S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through our college website and got a call. First round was written test and then the personal interview. Written test was pretty much easy. First question was to design a schema. second was to write few queries for the given data. Third question was to write an algorithm to print the number of prime numbers between a given range

Interview Questions

• First question was to design a schema. second was to write few queries for the given data. Third question was to write an algorithm to print the number of prime numbers between a given range   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2013.

Interview

I was an internal higher, so there wasn't too much to it. Basically if you put in your time in other positions they want you in the CDA roll. Normally this is filled from product consultants.

Interview Questions

• How I would present various parts of the platform to various finance functions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

Got interview through on-campus recruiting. There was a 30 min pre-interview technology test. Afterwards, a behavioral interview where the recruiter discusses the results from the test and asks questions about your approach. There were plenty of questions about why you chose a certain design and other human-computer interaction questions. Finally, the recruiter gives a general overview of the position and responsibilities. Very informal one-on-one talk.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you want to sort queries based on popularity if you worked at S&P?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
    On-site:
    3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
    Questions:
    1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
    2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
    3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
    4. What is a Race Condition?
    5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree path sum
      find a linkedlist's nth to last node
      Cache design
      DB design
      count the number of bits in a char
      Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It went very fast and I only had 3 total interviews. I was employed at another firm and S&P was very accommodating and scheduled my interviews before and after normal business hours.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university's career web site before 2009, and was contacted for the first round interview.

First round - Two technical interviews with software engineers. We were given a paper test with 5 questions that have been stated close to verbatim in previous reviews (find closest common parent of two nodes, reverse a linked list, count # of bits in a byte, db schema, cache design). The interviews are essentially a review of that paper test, and you may be asked to answer a slightly-modified version on one of the questions.

Final round - Two technical interviews and one HR interview. Both of the interviewers were senior engineers, and they asked different types of programming questions that are more or less on par with the paper test in the first round. The HR interview was very relaxed.

During the process, you eat lunch with other employees (with no connection to the interviewers) and may ask questions. My process was quick; I was contacted the day of the first round interview for the final round invite, and I was contacted a week after the final round with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• -Finding the lowest common parent of two nodes can be tricky
      -Detecting a palindrome (this was asked to nearly every candidate when I was applying)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to push back start-time, and slightly change the compensation.