S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2016.

Interview

Only had one interview. The interview was with the HR.
    The questions are easy, all of which are about the character of the applicant. There are questions about previous relevant experiences and the applicant's interests. Also, you would be questioned about your knowledge pertaining to the job description, the company, and other relevant topics.
    The interview was easy, because I prepared well, and learned everything that I can.
    The HR officer would explain about the job, and etc. etc. So that the applicant will learn more about what he/she would be delving into.

I decided not to go on, because I learned that I won't enjoy the job.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

There are three rounds
    First -HR Round
    Second- Team lead
    Third -Director

General questions are asked in all the rounds, prepare all the terms like merger, acquisition, joint venture, Amalgamation,Business Cycle, EBITA, Consolidation,Conglomerate merger, Defensive merger, Demerger or corporate split or division, Holding company,Hostile Takeover, Friendly takeover

Interview Questions

• Financial terms explanation, describe a time you solved a problem, all the general stuff.   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Only one face to face interview no other test or any kind of group discussion or skill test. it is very easy. Just brush up your knowledge and get some knowledge regarding banking sector and gain knowledge of GAAP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about banking structure in us? and GAAP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

face to face salary discussion

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in February 2017.

Interview

1) Online test
    5 sections - General aptitude (basic English, Maths), Reading Comprehension, Finance (study for important terms related to IPO, indices) ,SOP Writing, GK

2) Interview - 3 rounds - HR, Technical 1 with the manager, Technical 2 with the Director
    (HR round tests your communication and personality, T1 was aptitude, T2 was technical)

Interview Questions

• HR QUESTIONS - Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, elevator pitch, strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in September 2009.

Interview

interview began with a Test on the database field. there were 3 questions
    1. data modelling for a contacts database.
    2. writing up few select queries.
    3. writing a piece of code for a search problem.

time given was 30 min. after which the person came in and asked the logic and reasoning behind solutions. post that was a small discussion on the resume. whole process lasted an hour and few minutes.

Interview Questions

• Draw er digg. for a contact list. where in it needs to store contact info of clients, professionals & organisations. in addition they need to store extra infromtion pertaining to a organisation   1 Answer
    • basic select queries inclusive of joins, 5 tables provided and 5 select questions asked.   Answer Question
    • write a code to compare a ambigram.   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2010.

Interview

A campus recruiter came to do the interviews. She was very friendly and put you at ease right away. Typical resume based questions. Plus genuine small talk

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in March 2010.

Interview

The first round of the interview consisted of taking a skills assestment test. The first question wanted you to outline/draw a sample interface of a database to hold documents. The second question asked about ERD's, and making one for a specific scenario. Then the interviewer would then come in, and ask you questions on your answers. The interviewer would propose difference scenarios for the interface, and ask how you would debug and implement small changes to improve user capability.

Financial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got the phone call from HR, who asked me basic questions about the company, why do I want this job, why sales. Also I was asked what other languages can I speak. Interview took about 10 min. As a have an academic background and experience of lecturing the interviewer was wondering why I want to apply for a job in sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2010.

Interview

It was a positive experience. It was a fit interview, asked questions about my background, examples of team work, why I want to work at Capital IQ, what are my past time activities. The interviewer made me feel comfortable right away and it was more of a conversation. Started with tell me about yourself.

Client Development Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the position by submitting my resume through my university's online career website, and then they invited me to an on-campus interview. I had a one on one 30 minute interview and it was really relaxed and informal. It almost threw me off because it was so informal and kind of off topic - like one question he asked was to name any 3 people I'd want to meet. It was very casual so it was kind of hard to gauge if I did well or not.