S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I heard about an intern opportunity through an acquaintance of mine. I contacted the company and submitted a resume and cover letter and received a response within a day or two. Every one who I interacted with in the company was very kind and courteous. The process consisted of multiple phone interviews. Even though I wasn't able to get an internship opportunity for the summer I will still keep in contact with the representatives as this is an incredible place to work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

There was an initial paper exam consisting of five question which were not particularly hard.
    They included
    i. write a function that gets the number of set bits in a character
    ii. Reverse a linkedlist
    iii. Find the least common ancestor in a tree

These questions are used as a conversation starter for the actual interview.
    It is important that you get them right but I doubt if they are of any great consequence

Interview Questions

The pay was a bit low compared to other offers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

2 phone calls one with HR and another with the hiring manager. It was a very cordial experience and direct questions, no surprises. The HR rep I spoke with and the hiring manager were very affable people. I found the job through my school's recruitment website and was, overall, a very positive experience.

BSA Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited through an on-campus program. I met the recruit at a job, then was invited back for an on-campus interview. Then they flew me out for a superday where I had 4 back to back case interviews

Interview Questions

• One interview was just asking questions, I didn't need to answer anything I just had to know how to ask to right questions   1 Answer

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application and then after 5-7 workdays received phone call notification for phone interview.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Finish paper test first. Then talk with the interviewee about the questions on the paper.
    There are five questions:
    invert a linked list
    Database Design
    find a common parent of two nodes in the tree

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pähoa, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Pähoa, HI) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by a long series of testing conducted online/via email to confirm ability to do the job. They estimate the unpaid training will take 20 hours. However because the test administrators/reviewers are in Manila and have a lot on their plates, response time with test results is slow. It took about 2 months to complete the process.

Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2011.

Interview

My first interview consisted of a 30 minute written test which included queries to answer.
    There was a C program to write to check if a string is palindrome or not. Be well prepared with joins in case of queries. They also asked to create an ER diagram of a database schema.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with sql queries.   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Offered Interview at school, which consisted of an hour. It was basically 30 minutes answering a question then 30 minutes reviewing it. THen if they like you they will call you back to go to New York then interview process took all day there. It consisted of interviewing with 3 people on personality, and two technical. Afterwards you go home, but they provide funding to fly to new york.

Interview Questions

• First question was design a website that involved in showing stock data. It had criterias.   Answer Question