S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Questions

• Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

-Rounds of 5 interviewers with a final presentation to the bosses in a sales environment. I interviewed with sales managers and the head of sales back then. Nothing out of the ordinary, not a difficult interview but they were looking for personality for sure and a sales drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about our company?
      Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume on our University job Postings and received a call for a telephonic interview after 2 weeks. Telephonic interview was for about 30 to 40 minutes. He asked me about myself, my past experience and some Database questions (about Indexes). Then within a week I was called onsite for 1:1 interviews. There where 3, 1 hour technical interviews. They told me to design some databases on white board and write some queries. All the 3 interviews went well. I got a call from HR next day morning, that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Design a database...Will you use index, on what columns, why? Write queries ()complex queries with 'exists' and 'non exists' clause.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. There was no HR interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I heard about an intern opportunity through an acquaintance of mine. I contacted the company and submitted a resume and cover letter and received a response within a day or two. Every one who I interacted with in the company was very kind and courteous. The process consisted of multiple phone interviews. Even though I wasn't able to get an internship opportunity for the summer I will still keep in contact with the representatives as this is an incredible place to work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

There was an initial paper exam consisting of five question which were not particularly hard.
    They included
    i. write a function that gets the number of set bits in a character
    ii. Reverse a linkedlist
    iii. Find the least common ancestor in a tree

These questions are used as a conversation starter for the actual interview.
    It is important that you get them right but I doubt if they are of any great consequence

Interview Questions

The pay was a bit low compared to other offers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

2 phone calls one with HR and another with the hiring manager. It was a very cordial experience and direct questions, no surprises. The HR rep I spoke with and the hiring manager were very affable people. I found the job through my school's recruitment website and was, overall, a very positive experience.

BSA Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited through an on-campus program. I met the recruit at a job, then was invited back for an on-campus interview. Then they flew me out for a superday where I had 4 back to back case interviews

Interview Questions

• One interview was just asking questions, I didn't need to answer anything I just had to know how to ask to right questions   1 Answer

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application and then after 5-7 workdays received phone call notification for phone interview.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Finish paper test first. Then talk with the interviewee about the questions on the paper.
    There are five questions:
    invert a linked list
    Database Design
    find a common parent of two nodes in the tree

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pähoa, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Pähoa, HI) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by a long series of testing conducted online/via email to confirm ability to do the job. They estimate the unpaid training will take 20 hours. However because the test administrators/reviewers are in Manila and have a lot on their plates, response time with test results is slow. It took about 2 months to complete the process.