S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

1st round was a 30 minute phone screen - recruiter asked no technical questions. Heard back less than 24 hours later to schedule 2nd round, which was a week later. 2nd Round was probably the most difficult - 1 on 1 in-person interview with senior director hiring for the position. Heard back less than 30 minutes after leaving the interview about a final round. 3rd round was two weeks following - Recruiter handled all logistics and travel arrangements for out-of-state interviews with the team I'd be working closely with (2 day travel, consisted of 6x 30 minute, back to back interviews). Heard back within 24 hours with formal offer. They were good about extending time for me to consider and ask clarifying questions - I took 7 days to negotiate with competing offers. All in all - interviews were very conversational. Only technical questions pertained to my background and knowledge qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• -Define the responsibilites of 'Product Manager' specific to XYZ industry
      -Help me understand your resume
      -Explain the technical aspects of XYZ research publication
      -Why did you chose XYZ as your field of study for graduate schooling
      -Your background is heavily in research and this position is not, so:
      1) What experiences qualify you for this role?
      2) How familiar are you with excel and handling large data sets
      3) How have you engaged with stakeholders in this industry
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated 15% higher base salary and signing bonus

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. Was briefed by an HR team member and then spoke with the VP of the group and came in for two in person interviews. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer as I was informed the organization had closed the position as part of a larger initiative.

Interview Questions

• Discuss what makes you special as an employee   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was a phone, second round was in person with two interviewers. Once at S&P they gave us a demo of their platform and then called us individually into an interview room. The interview was one on one, and lasted 30 min each. They want you to be concise and simple and see how well you can communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why your school and major?
      Recent news news in the capital markets?
      What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Tell me about your education experience/academic progression?
      Tell me about a time when a person in your group wasn't pulling their own weight?
      tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/situation

Client Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

They paid for me to fly from Atlanta to New York
    Put me in a hotel and interview was the next morning
    My friend who works there said he hates it but I didn't get an offer anyway
    He said you work all hours
    I liked the hotel but it took forever for them to reimburse me for the taxis

Client Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very fast interview process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up an i itial phone screen.

They invited me to come in and interview in person. Two half hour long interviews with the hiring managers.

They move quickly through the process. Both rounds I was invited back / received an offer within the week. Longest waiting times was waiting to coordinate with human resources.

Interview Questions

• General fit questions, also asked about my previous experience / responsibilities.   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through my college website, and submitted application online. I received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted 10 mins. Basically you talk about your experience. They also randomly asked me to name 3 financial statements that are part of the 10-k.

Then a few days later, I was invited to their superday where i was interviewing on the same day as 5-6 others on that day. I did two seperate, 10 minute interviews with the managing director and a manager of the team. Interview wasnt so bad. The culture of the company was friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time with a client.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about our company?
      What is present value?
      Went through resume; I see you have experience working with children, how is this similar to working with clients?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Do you have any questions for me?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Technical phone interview, no behavioral questions. Very friendly. Was waiting to hear if I would receive a chance at an in-person interview when I was informed they went on a hiring freeze. Everyone I interacted with was very professional and friendly, never felt uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between quicksort and mergesort?   Answer Question

Database Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was help in campus. Interviewer was good and friendly. Questions were pretty basic. My experience was negative as they selected me for the final interview round to be held at S&P office but after months of follow up, they said I have been rejected (without even going through an interview). They never provided any reason explaining it.

Interview Questions

• Basic Database Question. Indexing, primary key, difference between all the keys, optimization   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

First, it was a phone interview. Then, it was 3 more in-person interviews. Like everyone else has mentioned on this site, they ask for technical and basic finance questions, so it would be good to brush up on those.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the financial statements   1 Answer
    • What are one of the downsides to using EBITDA?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall process took three months. Applied in February and received a call early April. One phone interview, pretty straight forward. Got an email the same day asking to come in for an interview. Interviewed by Senior QA and Skype conference call with their boss. A day after the in person interview, got an offer