S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Consultant Interview Questions

2.9

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview
Step 2: 1:1 on site interview

The company is great but the position is a fancy name for a customer service position. If you're looking for a position to do actual finance or data analysis, apply for other departments.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was a phone, second round was in person with two interviewers. Once at S&P they gave us a demo of their platform and then called us individually into an interview room. The interview was one on one, and lasted 30 min each. They want you to be concise and simple and see how well you can communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why your school and major?
      Recent news news in the capital markets?
      What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Tell me about your education experience/academic progression?
      Tell me about a time when a person in your group wasn't pulling their own weight?
      tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/situation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back around a month later. Invited for phone interview with Campus Recruiting and then face-to-face in London for role interview and knowledge test, then a second face-to face (HR) interview. First round of interviews were 2:1, 2 separate interviews. Asked a number of standard job questions and some more specific financial-analysis industry questions, but not too specific (non-financial background).

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

First call with a member of the Client Services team, focused on motivation and overall knowledge of the company, as well as awareness of what the role consists of. One week after, I was invited to an assessment center: three interviews with both HR and members of the team. The interviews are not technical at all, usual competency-based questions, Why this firm?, Why the role?, How do you deal with difficult clients? Then, a 1 hour test including some basic financial questions (Ebitda Margin, Capex,...) and an article to be summarized.

Interview Questions

• Why S&P capital IQ? Why the role? What skills do you think you need for the role? How do you deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in September for a sales position, based in London, working on Italian Market, at MCGraw Hill. They contact me through email in December for a total different position, as Product Consultant, in S&P Capital IQ (different firm).
    Anyway, I did the first phone call, then I had to send 1 email and after 2 weeks the recruiter said me the position was covered by someone else, hired by his superior.

Interview Questions

• Why S&P Capital IQ?? What S&P Capital IQ does??
      Then we chatted about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and in two weeks I was contacted to the a phone interview. This is the first interview and they focus on your CV and on the role, and how you fit into it. I was interviewed a Friday, and candidates were going to be informed on Monday/Tuesday if they had a next interview (face to face).

Interview Questions

• Which prior experience is going to help you for this position?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
      - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
      - why sales?
      - can you do a sales pitch
      - what do you do for fun