S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website in October and around 10 days later I received a phone screen with someone currently in the role I applied to. After the initial phone screen I didn't hear back until January when I was asked to have a final round of interviews over Skype.

Interview Questions

• What role do you take when you work on a team? What do you like least about being on a team?   1 Answer
    • How did you choose your school?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your leadership experience/extra curricular activities   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had a member who was lagging behind. What did you do to motivate them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through my college website, and submitted application online. I received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted 10 mins. Basically you talk about your experience. They also randomly asked me to name 3 financial statements that are part of the 10-k.

Then a few days later, I was invited to their superday where i was interviewing on the same day as 5-6 others on that day. I did two seperate, 10 minute interviews with the managing director and a manager of the team. Interview wasnt so bad. The culture of the company was friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time with a client.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about our company?
      What is present value?
      Went through resume; I see you have experience working with children, how is this similar to working with clients?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Do you have any questions for me?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back around a month later. Invited for phone interview with Campus Recruiting and then face-to-face in London for role interview and knowledge test, then a second face-to face (HR) interview. First round of interviews were 2:1, 2 separate interviews. Asked a number of standard job questions and some more specific financial-analysis industry questions, but not too specific (non-financial background).

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

First call with a member of the Client Services team, focused on motivation and overall knowledge of the company, as well as awareness of what the role consists of. One week after, I was invited to an assessment center: three interviews with both HR and members of the team. The interviews are not technical at all, usual competency-based questions, Why this firm?, Why the role?, How do you deal with difficult clients? Then, a 1 hour test including some basic financial questions (Ebitda Margin, Capex,...) and an article to be summarized.

Interview Questions

• Why S&P capital IQ? Why the role? What skills do you think you need for the role? How do you deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview
    Step 2: 1:1 on site interview

The company is great but the position is a fancy name for a customer service position. If you're looking for a position to do actual finance or data analysis, apply for other departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in September for a sales position, based in London, working on Italian Market, at MCGraw Hill. They contact me through email in December for a total different position, as Product Consultant, in S&P Capital IQ (different firm).
    Anyway, I did the first phone call, then I had to send 1 email and after 2 weeks the recruiter said me the position was covered by someone else, hired by his superior.

Interview Questions

• Why S&P Capital IQ?? What S&P Capital IQ does??
      Then we chatted about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and in two weeks I was contacted to the a phone interview. This is the first interview and they focus on your CV and on the role, and how you fit into it. I was interviewed a Friday, and candidates were going to be informed on Monday/Tuesday if they had a next interview (face to face).

Interview Questions

• Which prior experience is going to help you for this position?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1)Telephone, Interview 2) Face to face interview- three 30 minute interviews and a written test ( Asked you to summarise a article, asked to answer questions related to an article, then asked a selection of financial questions such as 1) where do you find capex on a balance sheet? 2) how is EBITDA margin calculated 3) If interests rate increase, bond prices? 4) how to calculate market capitalisation?

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you handled an irritated customer/customer complaint

Why S&P Capital IQ

What do you know about S&P Capital IQ

Why this position

What do you think you need to succeed in this position? What qualities

How do you prioritise?

Give me an example of when you worked in a team?

How do you deal with clashes within a team?

What do you think will be the main challenges facing you in this role at the beginning?

How did you hear about the job?

Give me an interesting story you have read this week?

What sources do you use for information?

Why the degree that you have studied?

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
      - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
      - why sales?
      - can you do a sales pitch
      - what do you do for fun