S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus following a school career fair and resume drop. Next was a super day at the company's New York Ciy headquarters. All of the questions were very easy. They were mostly about your background and experience. Nothing to worry about at all. Emphasize a passion for finance and helping others, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you exhibited _____?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Questions

• Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting as the posting was done on my school's recruitment portal. The application was standard with a cover letter and resume included. After 3 weeks, I received a response that I was invited to interview in Toronto. I went for 2 interviews which lasted 35 minutes each. These interviews were very informal and allowed me to get to know the team I would be working with. After this, there was a week delay until my interview with the people from head office in New York. Again, I went to Toronto for a 30 minute interview this time. After about 3 weeks of no news, I e-mailed the first employee who contacted me for information and they got back to me after that.

Interview Questions

• You might be asked to sell something to the interviewers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was a phone, second round was in person with two interviewers. Once at S&P they gave us a demo of their platform and then called us individually into an interview room. The interview was one on one, and lasted 30 min each. They want you to be concise and simple and see how well you can communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why your school and major?
      Recent news news in the capital markets?
      What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Tell me about your education experience/academic progression?
      Tell me about a time when a person in your group wasn't pulling their own weight?
      tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/situation
      Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in February 2017.

Interview

The first step is video interview with seven questions. If u are selected to move to second step, u will be interviewed by two interviewers. Each interviewer will talk with u for 30min.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

2 half hour interviews focused on behavioral questions
    - Tell us about yourself? Walk me through your resume?
    - What is Capital IQ and what do you expect to do in this role?
    - What motivates you

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this "sales" related position?   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

I met representatives of the company at a university career fair, then had an on-campus interview and a day consisting of four interviews at the office in New York. Questions were mostly focused on my personal experience, with a few questions relating to the attributes of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• How well are you able to deal with angry clients and bosses as well as personal failures?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was very standardized and there was essentially no flexibility.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

- online application
    - phone interview
    - feedback was very quick, received invitation to face to face interview the 2 days after the phone interview
    - combined round of 4 interviews and knowledge test

Interview Questions

• Mostly about team work, how to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question