S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. however interview process is long and tough but worthy to go through to land a job in such a top research company. I applied via its career and got to the mail for online test within six days of receiving the mail following by HR call to inform you the positive result of the test and ask you to visit the office for further rounds of interview. They will check your deep knowledge of finance and analytical skills with an eye for detail.

Interview Questions

• It is all about aptitude test and its questions so far, will update further once get to experience. There will be a online MCQ test of 100 min. Syllabus and pattern of the test are
    # 30 questions from Airthmetic maths and time duration will be 20 min.there will be 30 questions. Maths questions topics are most likely to be Average, SI & CI, Probability, Permutation and combination, Number series, Number system, mixture, Percentage, profit & loss and discounts, some very basic mensuration questions.

#10 questions of simple English grammar of sentence fillers and synonyms & antonyms for 10 min,

#10 questions from current affairs especially brand name,CEO, tagline of world's top companies for 10 min,

#50 questions from accounts and finance which requires deep understanding of the concepts for 50 min.and

#lastly 15 minutes SOP.
    Answer Question
  • Finance questions based on following topics as per memory are.
    Leverage buyouts, intrinsic value and market value of shares, ESOP. Cash flow, future derivatives, buyers and seller positions and profit maximization position, private placement, shares and types with features, floating coupon rate and advantages, GAAP, CDO, BLO, Public financial statement as per Indian GAAP, objective of financial statement, depreciation methods, operation cost, fixed assets, capital budgeting decisions, Underwriting, YTM, technical and fundamental analysis, Share market and black days and their dates.

Around 10 questions will be based on given paragraph based on financial information of the companies.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in February 2017.

Interview

1) Online test
    5 sections - General aptitude (basic English, Maths), Reading Comprehension, Finance (study for important terms related to IPO, indices) ,SOP Writing, GK

2) Interview - 3 rounds - HR, Technical 1 with the manager, Technical 2 with the Director
    (HR round tests your communication and personality, T1 was aptitude, T2 was technical)

Interview Questions

• HR QUESTIONS - Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, elevator pitch, strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

FIrst, there was an online aptitude test for which we were called at the office. It had 4 sections namely, quantitative ability, english, general aptitude, and technical knowledge. After 1-2 weeks selected candidates were called for an HR round. After passing this round there was a manager round or technical round. And lastly, there was a director round.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

aptitude test consisting of 94 ques in 100 mins containing aptitude, verbal, logical and finance questions and current affairs. 50% of total applicants were slected through aptitude test.
    the selected candidates would undergo the following rounds.
    technical round
    manager round
    director round- if required

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online.They first gave one online apptitude tast followed by two rounds of intrview at Gurgaon. They asked questions related to accounts,secondary and primary research,irr ratio,Lbo.They further asked questions relating to the company itself,its history,etc,

Interview Questions

• what is LBO, index,irr ratio, why are you chosing this field, accounting principles, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Never apply for this co. They took around 4 months to complete the entire procedure. Then, in the end, they abruptly cancelled the process.
    So dont waste your time. They dont deserve it.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Campus Placement:
    1st round College Campus - Selection through marks criteria
    2nd round in office - Written: Finance and English comprehension
    3rd round in office - HR interview for 10-30 mins
    4th round in office - Line Manager/s interview for 20-50 mins
    5th round in office -Director interview - 15 mins
    Offer letter by HR if selected - All terms and conditions are discussed at this stage. E.g. Joining date, Salary, Leaves, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why select S&P
      3-4 Questions from current news section of Financial newspaper
      Random scenario and how to resolve it
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was upfront about delaying my joining date and the HR accommodated it. Since it was my first job, I did not negotiate on salary.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

Applied through college. Process took 2 months and still going on.
    First round was digital interview(hirevue). It was followed by aptitude test which had quant, eng, LR and basic finance knowledge. It was a bit difficult. The selected students were called for company presentation in gurgaon office. And now i am waiting for next round, that is interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruited through college, included 1 online test, 1 online interview upload, 1 company presentation and 1 interview. Overall the interview was easy, with no stress at all, and they were majorly concerned with how I approached the problems, rather than the solution itself.

Application

Interview

Interview was a long process, applied through campus, had an aptitude,a hirevue round then was called to gurgaon to give the personal interview. Process took a whole month. The company had come to my campus in December and that's when the aptitude took place. Then hirevue round happened in Jan and the interview was conducted in February.

Interview Questions

• Was asked basic finance questions, various ratios, about mergers and acquisitions,differences between depreciation and amortization, etc   Answer Question