S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds.

1. Aptitude test -quant, verbal, LR, RC
2. HR interview- basic questions
3. Test -GK, language, maths, etc
4. Managers round- various questions
5. Directors round- 5 minute interview

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into the role?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. however interview process is long and tough but worthy to go through to land a job in such a top research company. I applied via its career and got to the mail for online test within six days of receiving the mail following by HR call to inform you the positive result of the test and ask you to visit the office for further rounds of interview. They will check your deep knowledge of finance and analytical skills with an eye for detail.

Interview Questions

• It is all about aptitude test and its questions so far, will update further once get to experience. There will be a online MCQ test of 100 min. Syllabus and pattern of the test are
      # 30 questions from Airthmetic maths and time duration will be 20 min.there will be 30 questions. Maths questions topics are most likely to be Average, SI & CI, Probability, Permutation and combination, Number series, Number system, mixture, Percentage, profit & loss and discounts, some very basic mensuration questions.

#10 questions of simple English grammar of sentence fillers and synonyms & antonyms for 10 min,

#10 questions from current affairs especially brand name,CEO, tagline of world's top companies for 10 min,

#50 questions from accounts and finance which requires deep understanding of the concepts for 50 min.and

#lastly 15 minutes SOP.
      Answer Question
    • Finance questions based on following topics as per memory are.
      Leverage buyouts, intrinsic value and market value of shares, ESOP. Cash flow, future derivatives, buyers and seller positions and profit maximization position, private placement, shares and types with features, floating coupon rate and advantages, GAAP, CDO, BLO, Public financial statement as per Indian GAAP, objective of financial statement, depreciation methods, operation cost, fixed assets, capital budgeting decisions, Underwriting, YTM, technical and fundamental analysis, Share market and black days and their dates.

Around 10 questions will be based on given paragraph based on financial information of the companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online for gurgaon location.
    Process started with an online aptitude test comprising English, Maths, Computer and finance related questions.
    2nd round was personal interview with HR and then technical round related to field.

Interview Questions

• AS 26, Venture Capital, Weighted Average Cost of capital, Depreciation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

1.Shortlisting on the basis of Resume
    2.Written test
    3.Hirevue round
    4.company presentation
    5.Interview with the manager
    The placement started in february'16.Cleared all rounds of the placement process and visited them for the company presentation in April.The process has been on hold since then and still waiting for my call for the final round of interview .There has been no intimation from the company either.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

4 rounds, 1 HR, 2 written test, 1 manager round. HR round is more of technical round. Written test tough. Manager round easy. Prepare well and you can crack it easily.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

An online test comprising basic intelligence [quant, verbal, and LR] and basic finance and accountancy, and basic business world current affairs; followed by an HR interview, which involves checking for probability of attrition [and thus quesions about studies and future plans]; followed by final interview by prospective team lead and manager, which will be about intelligence, financial concepts, and business world knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a part of campus placement and it held at their Gurgaon office. One of the senior managers from Hyderabad took it through Skype. The whole interview lasted for around 20-25 mins. Prior to this three rounds were there : resume shortlisting , online interview , and aptitude test .

Interview Questions

• Meaning of EPS , DPS , outstanding shares , subsidiary .
      Working Capital efficiency in operating cycle
      minority interest
      bridge finance
      methods of goodwill valuation
      Financial Statements
      items under cash flow
      Capital budgeting techniques

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round was simply the screening of resume.
    The second round was an aptitude test comprising of 4 sections- General aptitude,Comprehension,GK,Finance. The 3rd round was a Hirevue interview.
    Next is a face to face interview.
    Waiting for the interview date.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue question: share your internship details.
                                   alternative career
                                   are you willing to work in rotational shifts.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I first had an online aptitude test which was the first round.The second round was the telephonic interview round.The date and time was given before hand and the call was made at that precise time.Interview process was very technical.The person was professional and polite.Questions were asked to the point.Havent heard back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• what services does the company provide? Define/Differences: seed capital,private equity,venture capital,NASDAQ,etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First Round: Aptitude Test

Second Round: HR
    Generic in Nature yet testing your knowledge

Third Round: Team Manager
    Technical and conversational in nature

Fourth Round: Core Technical ( can be video conference based viva)

Fifth Round: Director
    checks your knowledge of the field, why you want to join and conversational in nature

Interview Questions

• Recent Economic Activity - Throw some light on the facts
      Stock Exchange based questions
      Accounting principles and terms
      Terms related to financial statements
      6 Answers